Baby BMW Forum banner
221 - 239 of 239 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,803 Posts
Noice! Good luck removing the tread plates if those need to be removed on the 5-door - they're an absolute b*tch to get off in one piece on the E81, the plates break well before the clips do :eek2:

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
As is the way with cars, sometimes problems occur when you least expect or need them.

One such occasion was this morning on the motorway on my way to work. Must of been a meteor as I saw it coming but couldn't do anything about it ☹ Damn nearly woke me up 😁

Bad timing as it's in for oil change Friday.
Also the aircon needs looking at as that blows warm air despite being regassed not long got 🤷‍♂️
Modding funds are being diverted but otherwise the cars running a charm 💪

·
Super Moderator
3,803 Posts
Ouch! I've been tempted to induce something similar... Spoke to a chap about heat blocking tint but my windscreen has too many tiny chips apparently. Totally invisible unless you're trying to find them, but enough to stop the film sticking :(

Fingers' crossed the aircon issue is nowt expensive 🤞

·
Registered
269 Posts
As is the way with cars, sometimes problems occur when you least expect or need them.

One such occasion was this morning on the motorway on my way to work. Must of been a meteor as I saw it coming but couldn't do anything about it ☹ Damn nearly woke me up 😁

Bad timing as it's in for oil change Friday.
Also the aircon needs looking at as that blows warm air despite being regassed not long got 🤷‍♂️
Modding funds are being diverted but otherwise the cars running a charm 💪
What in the world hit you? Can of paint? Luckily it didn’t break the glass….

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·
What in the world hit you? Can of paint? Luckily it didn’t break the glass….
A small bolder I think.
Initially I thought I'd got away with it as it's obscured by the instrument cluster. It's when I stopped I saw the coaster sized crack 🤬
An inch lower and it would have bounced off the wiper arm.

·
Registered
269 Posts
A small bolder I think.
Initially I thought I'd got away with it as it's obscured by the instrument cluster. It's when I stopped I saw the coaster sized crack 🤬
An inch lower and it would have bounced off the wiper arm.
I’d say wiper arm would have been easier to replace 🤣 but at least it didn’t shatter the glass and didn’t hit you!
Mine was the same. Got hit, thought I escaped it and then I see this annoying crack creeping up…had to replace it

·
Super Moderator
3,803 Posts
I didn't know you could tint the windscreen.
Anymore information on that please Nyx?
UltraVision have a few clear/polarised films that reduce/block infrared and ultraviolet light, but they still allow around 90% of visible light through making them theoretically legal for the windscreen. The installer needs to confirm it’s within the limit as genuine BMW screens have a slight tint from the factory, aftermarket replacements usually don’t. Or so I’m told!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Thanks mate you live and learn.
I'm obviously getting a like for like screen,ie , green band and rain sensor but I don't think it will be an oem one. Have to check that but apparently its been replaced in the past 🤷‍♂️
what's the brand on the one that you currently have? unless you ask, they will replace it with a chinese one. I didn't bother on mine and let them put whatever as windscreens on f2x don't have a good reputation.

·
Super Moderator
3,803 Posts
Here's mine - identical oil, 4k miles newer, 10k less miles on the car. I got a telling off over email for idling the car warm before changing the oil hence the fuel dilution.

Tbh all I was interested in was the wear metals, yours seems even healthier than mine looking at those numbers!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #238 ·
I'll be watching your thread closely for the
" full retrofit of reconditioned N52" attempt😄
At 10500 it was a bit longer than I thought but needing the car for work and kids meant finding the time to get it done kept slipping by.
Haven't got to worry about work now as lost my job yesterday so funds for mods (not you 🤭) have ceased. I very nearly brought some cheap Recaro CS yesterday from a Renault to get retrimmed but very glad I didn't now.
It wasn't meant to be 🙁

221 - 239 of 239 Posts