Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After nearly 4 years I think it's about time I made a build (built) thread. I typed out a large introduction then lost it all so here's a shorter version :roll:

Car in question is a 2007 E87 130se in sparkling graphite. Brought it on 88859 miles and currently on 99000 miles.
Purchased locally however wasn't looking for a 130 but it was tidy, within budget and had 5 doors for the growing family.
Kept it standard for a few weeks then discovered this forum. Damn you lot :)

Mods so far in no particular order:

BMWP steering wheel and front bumper
Supersprint cat back exhaust with resonater delete
Gruppe M intake
Front brakes from M135i rears from Exx 135i
Ssk with cdv deleted and storm motorwerks knob
M3 gearbox mounts
Moshimoto intake boot
Bilstein b12 pro kit with m3 lca's and whiteline rear subframe inserts
Camber pin mod
Perl splitter
OZ Ultraleggera 8x18 et 40 in satin black
Professional head unit with Focal mids and tweeters.
Msport front seats which replaced the standard pews.
Roof spoiler and darkline rear lamps.
It's also benefitted from a front end respray when the bumper was done.

Things to do in the future include:
Remap
Full paint correction
More suspension upgrades. Anti roll bars etc.

Thanks for reading. Any questions fire away.
A couple of pictures to follow. Don't want to type it out again!

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Awesome you've started a thread! Looking forward to seeing what the car looks like with the Oz Ultraleggara's and BMW Performance front bumper. Last time I saw your car it was all SE trim I think.

I am sure you will have people queuing up for the BMWP intake if you swap it!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jonwilli said:
Awesome you've started a thread! Looking forward to seeing what the car looks like with the Oz Ultraleggara's and BMW Performance front bumper. Last time I saw your car it was all SE trim I think.

I am sure you will have people queuing up for the BMWP intake if you swap it!
Cheers Jon I should of done it ages ago. Its been an ongoing project although there's no set aim as such. Just randomly throwing parts at it :lol: Quite a transformation since I collected your 313's.

Depending on your review of the gruppem I may move the intake on. Got a few general maintenance items I would like to do at some point as well.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
pem10 said:
SamM140 said:
That's ace.

The carbon air intake makes a great noise (had it on my old 330).
Thanks Sam. On balance it's my favourite mod I've done so far. As soon as I saw it advertised on here I snapped it up and I've not seen one since.
They seem to have held their money well on the used market. I originally wanted the M Performance exhaust but it turned out that at some point in the life of the E90 they changed the exhaust diameter and mine was too big so I'd have had to change the centre section making it too expensive. I opted for the carbon intake instead...it made a great noise especially the last 500rpm.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
holland130i said:
Great to see your car!!

what a transformation!! brilliant!! what a difference bumpers can make eh?.. :thumbs:

all the right mods too.. :headbanger:

Mark.
Thanks Mark. Really pleased with the front bumper. I'd been half heartedly looking for one for some time but most were fairly ropey with no ducts and fixings etc. This one popped up on Ebay brand new with everything included plus genuine black grills. The chap was going to fit it on his 123d before it went bang! Probably paid top dollar for it but for some things it's a sellers market especially BMWP items for the E8X.

How's yours? Not seen an update in a while.

·
Registered
702 Posts
pem10 said:
holland130i said:
Great to see your car!!

what a transformation!! brilliant!! what a difference bumpers can make eh?.. :thumbs:

all the right mods too.. :headbanger:

Mark.
Thanks Mark. Really pleased with the front bumper. I'd been half heartedly looking for one for some time but most were fairly ropey with no ducts and fixings etc. This one popped up on Ebay brand new with everything included plus genuine black grills. The chap was going to fit it on his 123d before it went bang! Probably paid top dollar for it but for some things it's a sellers market especially BMWP items for the E8X.

How's yours? Not seen an update in a while.
Yeah sometimes you have to bite the bullit eh?...

I just had a small update...car is almost done!! 🙈

Mark.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
pem10 said:
Msport rear bumper currently in the body shop
I reckon this will help balance out the aggression of the BMWP front bumper versus the tamer SE rear bumper. Will look great once it is on. Are you going with OEM diffuser or an aftermarket one?

How do you find the flat bottom steering wheel? Always thought about getting Jack to change mine and always chicken out!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its been sat in the garage for months but now the front is done it definitely needs doing. As you say to balance out front and rear.
After a chat with the body shop they were going to fit it with standard diffuser first and see what I think. Not overly keen on standard grey as there's nothing else on the car in that shade.
Just seen Mark above post a picture of his in matt black and I'm liking that. We shall see.

Regarding the steering wheel it doesn't bother me. I'm not really a shuffler so it rarely comes into play. Still getting used to the alcantara after years of leather :lol:

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bimmerj22 said:
Thanks for taking me out in this, certainly drove/sounded great and looked brilliant!!
Thanks James it was a pleasure. Not a bad 328i either :drive:

As per your recommendation I popped into that garage but they're quite busy at the moment. In the process of stockpiling some service items so will try them in the New Year when work is less manic.

Hope the grills fitted :)

·
Super Moderator
3,789 Posts
Very very nice!

What did you do with the headlight washers when you swapped the bumpers over? Don't think I can see any on the BMWP version?

Also can you wait until after xmas to sell the BMWP stuff please, unless you're willing to take credit card :lol:

1 - 20 of 239 Posts