F20 slight judder on acceleration

Got a problem with your BMW 1 Series? Post your car problems here and seek advice from fellow car owners.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

iain10

F20 slight judder on acceleration

Post by iain10 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:01 pm

Afternoon all. Hope your all well.
Wondering if anyone else is having the same few issues as myself.

I have a 2014 120d xdrive. On hard acceleration, I find it has a slight judder just after 2000 rpm up till about 3500.

The only way I can describe it is if it being starved of fuel.

And advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I seem to have a small pool of water right under the middle when I stop. Been told this could just be condensation from the air con. Is this normal.

Thanks again guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 (14) 120d xDrive Msport 5dr, Estoril Blue, Xenons, Msport Brake upgrade, Harmon Kardon

Nottsknots
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: F20 slight judder on acceleration

Post by Nottsknots » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:52 am

iain10 wrote:Also, I seem to have a small pool of water right under the middle when I stop. Been told this could just be condensation from the air con. Is this normal.
Yes. Try going for a drive with the aircon off, I'll bet theres no pool.

As for the judder, have you tried with the traction control off to see what happens?
E87 118d, stock, plus PDC control unit drain, Parrot, debadged, Mothercare baby shades (but no babies), and occassionally a good layer of wax. Instantly forgettable, and thats the way I like it.

jrturner

Re: F20 slight judder on acceleration

Post by jrturner » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:06 am

I had the same judder on my 2013 120d xdrive. BMW had the car for 2 weeks and replaced the transfer box. In addition to this, about 6 months later the car needed a new gearbox due to crunching when changing from first to second gear.

Return to “BMW Problems”