Baby BMW Forum banner

M135i collection this weekend!

3K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  itguy 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I have been on and off this forum in the past as i nearly bought a 130i back in the day, didn't happen and I ended up getting a 3.0 Z4 Coupe which i loved! I have now however been and seen a 2014 5dr white m135i and have fallen in love, I cant believe how good a car the m135i is!! Sound, performance, MPG...the list goes on

It seems to tick every box (apart from the colour perhaps) and I am certainly very excited to collect it on the weekend.

I am also thinking about a few additions to the white car and wondered if anyone has any pics of the below additions?

- Black M sport stripe along the skirt (5dr if poss)
- Rear spoiler like this one; ebay item; 262091831388
- Carbon roof
- Maybe front spilter....

All on white if possible..?

I am not usually one to go crazy on mods but for some reason the m135i i think needs a little something to finish the look.

Thanks All

See less See more
#2 ·
Congratulations I bet you can't wait to collect your m135i make sure you post some photos! Did you get the auto or manual?
I really wanted a white one in fact I would have bought one but it sold literally when I was looking at it, I was gutted to say the least.
Ended up getting sapphire black which does look really nice when it's clean.

As for mods mine is standard apart from rear wiper delete and the m performance exhaust which sounds incredible I would definitely recommend it.

#3 ·
#4 ·
Really can't wait, the sound and performance is incredible.

I have got the auto which will be an interesting change as I have always had manual cars but I am told the auto box is far better. I am looking forward to trying the paddles too!

Black I'm sure looks good, hopefully the white will not annoy me....I like it but it's been clean when I have seen it. Not sure if I have heard about the M sport exhaust, the standard one sounds great as it is...have you got pics/videos of yours?

What do you mean by the rear wiper....being removed entirely?

#6 ·
I have edited my earlier post to add my other 1er images also -

Orange car ones are ebay £20 jobs I fitted myself.
Blue car ones are BMW originals I fitted myself.
White car were dealer supply and fit.

Easy enough - just soppy water, credit card and patience :D

#7 ·
The auto is brilliant I often drive around in comfort full auto then when you want to give it some hit sport, use the paddles and you can have some serious fun I love how the car seems to have multiple personalitys.

I agree the m135i doesn't look that special from the outside but the drive certainly makes up for it.

Here's mine

Yeah just removed the wiper to give a cleaner look

#8 ·
Congratulations on your pending collection.

I've now owned two M135i's - relatively stock, apart from a couple of options - and have loved every minute of driving them.

About to move into an M140i, so equally looking forward to that when it arrives.

My first was mineral grey and my present one is black. If you're into washing and polishing cars, you will enjoy white, as to keep it looking great, it will entail a fair amount of work. My black one looks great when clean, but it doesn't take much to see it looking dirty and unkempt, so unfortunately black and white are a no-no for me. My M140i will see me going back to mineral grey.

There are many things you can do to enhance the look of what is effectively the proverbial 'wolf in sheep's clothing' appearance of the M135i. Personally, I'd immediately consider lowering it slightly, as they instantly look brilliant on lowered springs. Don't overdo it though, as you will affect handling quite severely. Plenty of posts on the forum about how to go about it and something I am seriously considering when I pick up my M140i.

Black grilles to replace the chrome surround ones are also a good move. Not even marginally sure about removing the rear wiper though, as each to their own, but personally I think it's an essential piece of equipment and to not have it would seriously degrade rear vision.

The list is endless, but hope you enjoy your car when you pick it up. :)

#9 ·
I agree black is by far the worst colour to keep clean since it basically looks like a mirror, white is much easier to keep looking good it also hides swirls and scratches much better.
As for the wiper each to their own I guess, I haven't had one for at least 5 years. The e92 and many other bmws don't have one and my car has never been dirty enough to use it :D

#11 ·
Definitely looking forward to Sunday! Ahhhghh! :D

I have been looking at black grills etc...think the arch stripes are a must, has anyone got a white 135 with the m stripes..? That's a contender too?...as is the black m stripes.

Think I will leave my rear wiper in but that's personal taste.

Guessing nobody has put the rear spoiler on that I mentioned above? It looks great but would like to see if anyone has fitted it...

#12 ·
Goughy said:
Definitely looking forward to Sunday! Ahhhghh! :D

I have been looking at black grills etc...think the arch stripes are a must, has anyone got a white 135 with the m stripes..? That's a contender too?...as is the black m stripes.

Think I will leave my rear wiper in but that's personal taste.

Guessing nobody has put the rear spoiler on that I mentioned above? It looks great but would like to see if anyone has fitted it...
Does this help you any bud?

#14 ·
game_over said:
The auto is brilliant I often drive around in comfort full auto then when you want to give it some hit sport, use the paddles and you can have some serious fun I love how the car seems to have multiple personalitys.

I agree the m135i doesn't look that special from the outside but the drive certainly makes up for it.

Here's mine

What year is your car? Curious to know when the M badges appear on the side...

#15 ·
Goughy said:
game_over said:

Here's mine

What year is your car? Curious to know when the M badges appear on the side...
It is November 2013. When are you collecting yours mate?
I quite like that spoiler you listed from eBay it doesn't look too over the top like some.
I am also on the look out for a splitter I like the look of this but how well it will fit I don't know 291573587677

#16 ·
hmm...ok that's interesting, mine is 2013 as well but I think Sept. I don't think I have the M badges though...? I don't think I have a badge on the back either, have all m135's always had the same badging...maybe mine has been de-badged?

I might have to invest in that rear spoiler, not sure on the front splitter atm. I need to have a good look at the standard front and see what options are about, ill keep an eye out for pictures of yours though if you get it fitted.

I am collecting tomorrow morning! :D :celebrate:

#17 ·
Goughy said:
hmm...ok that's interesting, mine is 2013 as well but I think Sept. I don't think I have the M badges though...? I don't think I have a badge on the back either, have all m135's always had the same badging...maybe mine has been de-badged?

I might have to invest in that rear spoiler, not sure on the front splitter atm. I need to have a good look at the standard front and see what options are about, ill keep an eye out for pictures of yours though if you get it fitted.

I am collecting tomorrow morning! :D :celebrate:
Previous owner may have specced the 'model deletion' option, so you don't get any M badges or 135i badges on the car. My 118d is the same, no numbers on the back, or M logos on the front wings

#20 ·
I think it was 2014 they started putting the M on the wings, they've not always had it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 ·
#24 ·
Only had about an hour of driving so far but I am happy!! Taking a bit to get used to the auto box, changing from Drive to reverse and how best to use it is a challenge.

It is seriously quick however- tested it out in a straight line and it was awesome! I need to get used to it now to see how it handles corners...hopefully the auto box won't annoy or change mid corner..!!

#25 ·
Goughy said:
Only had about an hour of driving so far but I am happy!! Taking a bit to get used to the auto box, changing from Drive to reverse and how best to use it is a challenge.

It is seriously quick however- tested it out in a straight line and it was awesome! I need to get used to it now to see how it handles corners...hopefully the auto box won't annoy or change mid corner..!!
The auto is generally really good it rarely annoys me it is usually in the right gear at the right time it won't hunt for gears like older autos I have driven you will get used to it in no time.

Going from drive to reverse is super easy just hit the unlock button and go straight up into reverse, no need to go into neutral or whatever.

You can always put it in manual gear shift by knocking the shifter to the left, it will enter the sport gearbox mode until you use the paddles or shifter up/down then it will stay in manual until you return the shifter to D.

#26 ·
Goughy said:

I'd recommend using full automatic mode for driving in traffic etc and switching to manual and using the paddles for more enthusiastic twisty road situations etc where you can enjoy it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.