Baby BMW Forum banner

Beading.

5K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Octavius 
#1 ·
Nice to see this morning after a very quick polish yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#8 ·
Good stuff !! I have been a amateur detailer for 20 years and I'm one of those strange ones that loves stuff like this :lol2: The amount of products on the market now compared to even 10 years ago that make keeping your car clean easier is insane. I have tried so many products... waxes, sealants, ceramic coatings and there's some fantastic stuff out there. Polish though, isn't really for beading, it's not a protectant and it won't protect from bird **** either. Water does bead better on a polished surface however. Barring stupidly expensive paint protection film.....waxes, sealants, ceramic/glass coatings are what gives you the best protection/water beading/hydrophobic properties....the most durable being a ceramic coating. One of the best products (as in ease of use and value for money) I have used for water beading is Gyeon Cancoat which is like a ceramic coating/quick detailer in one. I wouldn't recommend it this time of year unless you can apply it in a garage as it needs to be dry for a good 12 hours to set. Otherwise it's not much harder to apply than a standard quick detailer, you just need to prep each panel first with a good panel wipe to strip any other products off, waxes etc. This is a video of mine after it had been on 1 month, it lasted 5 to 6 month before I needed to reapply......

#9 ·
racey1979 said:
One of the best products (as in ease of use and value for money) I have used for water beading is Gyeon Cancoat which is like a ceramic coating/quick detailer in one. I wouldn't recommend it this time of year unless you can apply it in a garage as it needs to be dry for a good 12 hours to set. Otherwise it's not much harder to apply than a standard quick detailer, you just need to prep each panel first with a good panel wipe to strip any other products off, waxes etc. This is a video of mine after it had been on 1 month, it lasted 5 to 6 month before I needed to reapply......
I've just started using Gyeon, started with wet coat and I was very impressed. Might give some other of their products a try. Got it from Waxstock this year.

Sent using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Comingoutsideways said:
racey1979 said:
One of the best products (as in ease of use and value for money) I have used for water beading is Gyeon Cancoat which is like a ceramic coating/quick detailer in one. I wouldn't recommend it this time of year unless you can apply it in a garage as it needs to be dry for a good 12 hours to set. Otherwise it's not much harder to apply than a standard quick detailer, you just need to prep each panel first with a good panel wipe to strip any other products off, waxes etc. This is a video of mine after it had been on 1 month, it lasted 5 to 6 month before I needed to reapply......
I've just started using Gyeon, started with wet coat and I was very impressed. Might give some other of their products a try. Got it from Waxstock this year.

Sent using Tapatalk
Gyeon do some great products and I've tried quite a few now. Gyeon silk drying towel and softwipe microfibre towels are brilliant. If you've not tried Gyeon Tire tyre dressing give that a go, best stuff I've used. Also do some great shampoos, Bathe Essence plus is what I use. One thing I will say about using Cancoat however is that I have been put off it recently. My car went to the detailers last weekend for a few bits and pieces doing. After an hour or so he rang me and asked "have you been using cancoat". So I said yes and he said he will show me how he knows. Under the correct light you can see the car is covered in overspray, he said it happens all the time and they had big problems using it in their shop getting all over the place due to it being a spray. He said they still use it but they apply it with a pipette rather than the spray nozzle. It's not very noticeable but it's there and the only way I can remove it is to machine polish it off :redface: I have now gone for a safer option which is Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz, it's a coating specific quick detailer but it's easy and safe to apply and lasts 4 - 6 months. It's not cheap though, 200ml cost me £50 :eek2: The water beading is absolutely insane though, never seen anything quite like it.

#12 ·
Washing with Autoglym Shampoo Conditioner creates great beading. It also means a smeary windscreen though a wipe over with methylated spirit followed by CIf sorts that.

--

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.