Baby BMW Forum banner

My 230i

4K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  dxnnyk 
#1 ·
Apparently it's in the country and I pick this up from the dealer next Friday, will try to get some photos on here.

Went for the manual box, Estoril Blue with the Ferric grey wheel finish, M Sport Plus pack, ticked most other options but kept the cloth/alcantara interior and manual seats and didn't go for variable sport steering or adaptive suspension.

#3 ·
Sorry for being unresponsive. 2500rpm at 70mph in 6th, manual box. Maybe slightly over 2500 i'm just going on the rev counter needle, it is only a tiny bit below 3000 at 80mph.

#9 ·
#10 ·
Put it on a dyno, completely stock, 45k on the clock.

At the wheels:

#11 ·
Rare update...
Thruxton track day Aug 2019 - only really two big braking zones per lap!

Autumn 2019 occasionally went into a lower power limp mode (that didn't limit speed just power/acceleration) with message indicating a drivetrain issue - boost pressure loss or something similar. BMW dealer diagnosed as needing a new turbo but would not provide any further explanation. Thankfully with a month to go on the three year manufacturer warranty it did not cost me anything. Parts took some time to arrive so I ended up driving a 19 plate 520d for a month.

Fitted Bilstein b6 dampers in Autumn 2020, keeping the original springs. A noticeable improvement in my opinion.

Enjoyed a track day at Castle Combe December 2020. Great circuit.

Let a YouTuber do a video on it Feb 2021. He wasn't taken with it 🙂

Summer 2021 replaced all four brake discs and pads with Brembo original spec from AutoDoc, doing the work myself. At the same time swapped the rear bump stops for M performance items - I could feel the difference - smoother ride at the rear over rural bumpy roads.

Yesterday ticked past 70k miles.

#12 ·
Had full alignment done in early summer 2022 and it made a big difference to how planted the car feels and how stable it was mid-corner. Not sure if it's just my damper swap that had put it out. Before that replacing the front PS4 tyres had made it feel a bit more planted mid-corner and I think it was because although I'd put off replacement because the central three-quarters had good tread depth, the shoulders had been very worn for a long time. In part due to two track days including hot tyre-melting say at Thruxton almost two years before! Lesson learnt.

Recently did my first track day for two years, at a very wet and windy Anglesey. At this point shod with PS5 all round. Here's a video with my mate in the passenger seat who has some amateur racing experience and does some coaching on the side. There is also my only spin of the day!

#13 ·
Ace! Must get some Dr Leather Wipes (or stronger!) on that steering wheel though - you could do your hair in it ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.