Karmesinrot's Crimson Red 118d

Post pictures of your new baby in here. Please read the rules first though or your picture will be badly photo-chopped!!!!

Moderators: marco_polo, babybmwadmin, Lambster, Rich196, Producethis

Karmesinrot

Karmesinrot's Crimson Red 118d

Post by Karmesinrot »

Hi guys. Thought I'd share some pictures of my car with you. :)
I've had the car for about 2 years now, it's been pretty much faultless except from both inner tierods being pretty much worn out when I bought the car, a faulty steeringlock/rack (which luckily was cured with a softwareupdate).
Other than this, it's only been normal servicing and maintenance.

It really has been a most enjoyable ownership so far, I've spent lots of time and about 30000km's with the car to date, herein 3 trips to Nürburgring, a couple of Trackdays here in Norway, amongst others. :spotman:

Here are some pictures:

Nürburgringsticker, yeeah! :mrgreen:

A picture with the crappy winterwheels.

Also, I have a couple of pictures of the car at the 'Ring (think you get it by now, that I love that place :shock: )

Here in action at Rudskogen Racetrack:

-Karmesinrot -07 118D MSport 5dr, Xenon, 2xPDC, MF Steeringwheel, 207 Sunflowerwheels, ++
-E30 Turbo Trackday-special

muz1990
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Karmesinrot's Crimson Red 118d

Post by muz1990 »

First off welcome mate :) nice to see a member that's genuine instead of all these flipping spam things... ;)

Car looks very well looked after! I even like the nurburgring sticker seen as it's not absolutely massive and you've actually been! ( unlike the fiat punto's covered in them here in Scotland.. ) :lol:

Any plans for the car?... A remap perhaps? ;)
previous- Etune stage 1 n54 135i with lots of bits and pieces
now - mtm stage 1 Audi TT-RS in ibis white with bad-boy bucket seats!

Karmesinrot

Post by Karmesinrot »

Also, for our annual trip to The Ring last easter, I invested in Greenstuff pads and new O.E BMW rotors/dics to upgrade braking performance.
Again, some pictures:

These pile of s :censored: t pads decided to throw in the towel in under half a lap at the Nordschleife.
They looked like these afterwards, after 4 laps:

Safe to say, I should have stuck to O.E pads, as I've done 15 laps at the Ring with those pads with no problem whatsoever, strong performance and no fading through every lap, at 2-3 lap passes.
Ok, so they're not a Trackday-style-pad, but I really expected to outperform the O.E pads, that is why bought them after all.
-Karmesinrot -07 118D MSport 5dr, Xenon, 2xPDC, MF Steeringwheel, 207 Sunflowerwheels, ++

Karmesinrot

Post by Karmesinrot »

muz1990 wrote:First off welcome mate :) nice to see a member that's genuine instead of all these flipping spam things... ;)

Car looks very well looked after! I even like the nurburgring sticker seen as it's not absolutely massive and you've actually been! ( unlike the fiat punto's covered in them here in Scotland.. ) :lol:

Any plans for the car?... A remap perhaps? ;)
Thanks!

I really, honestly, like my car, so I try to maintain it and take care of as best as I can. But with winter creeping in on us here in the cold North, it really hurts me to see the car covered in salty grime. :roll:

And, I really don't like the bigger Nürburgringstickers with their "logo" on, a bit too advertising-ish for my taste, so I thought the smaller would do the job nicely.

A remap is definetely being concidered, especiall since ESS Tuning's Headquarters are located about half an hours drive from me. :wink:
Their remap is stated to give 155bhp and 380nm, sounds a wee bit optimistic, but i guess it'd help a lot, since the 122hp isn'y exactly a spaceship.

Other "want-to-do's" are of course the Performance-front and kidneys, bigger wheels and maybe some good quality coilovers.

I was contemplating buying an Alpinewhite E82 118d Msport some time ago, but good sense got the better of me, so I think I'll stick with this one for a while longer.

By the way, i also have a E30 track/projectcar that i would like to share with you. Not a looker, but it really is fantastic fun.
Turboengine with Precisionturbo, Autronic ECU , E28 diff, coilovers, wilwoodbrakes, low-ratio steering rack from Z3++++

Last edited by Karmesinrot on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

matt_long247
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by matt_long247 »

Really surprised about the pads! I was looking at getting those next as mine are wearing low, along with the ebc updated discs all round too. With the intension of doing a few track days I'm not so sure now :/ have you tried any others?
Black 118D sport. Tints. Remap. Aero spoiler. Camber pin mod. Carbon bits :)
Suzuki GSXR 600 black/yellow :)

Karmesinrot

Post by Karmesinrot »

matt_long247 wrote:Really surprised about the pads! I was looking at getting those next as mine are wearing low, along with the ebc updated discs all round too. With the intension of doing a few track days I'm not so sure now :/ have you tried any others?
Yeah, I was really disappointed as well. Haven't tried any other pad except the O.E pads yet. I have Ferodo DS2500 pads on my E30 trackcar, they work absolutely brilliant, have done many miles with these at Trackdays, and they really are hard to fault.
Haven't checked if they make those for the 1-series though.

matt_long247
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by matt_long247 »

Ebc not sounding too good then. Wonder if its worth getting the discs still or if they will be poor aswel, and just looking for different or stick with OE.
Black 118D sport. Tints. Remap. Aero spoiler. Camber pin mod. Carbon bits :)
Suzuki GSXR 600 black/yellow :)

Karmesinrot

Post by Karmesinrot »

Without having any experience with the EBC discs, I'd stick to O.E BMW discs if I were you. I've always had very good experiences with the standard O.E discs. Although they are a bit pricey..

Return to “Members Cars”