Baby BMW Forum banner

Factory build error

5K views 35 replies 20 participants last post by  Octavius 
#1 ·
Having ordered my F40 m135i with the drive assist option I was called by my dealer to inform me that there had been a error during the build and they have not built it with the active cruise control option. Apparently there has been a batch of builds like it.

Anyone else been affected?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#27 ·
My M135i has cruise, our Mini has active cruise (the BMW system), it's very clever and I'd probably have it on a new car out of choice, though I wouldn't unduly miss it.

Aside from which, if your new car has the rest of the package maybe the dealer can retro fit the active cruise?

BTW, I did not like the lane assist on the F40 M135i I drove and turned it off as soon as I could. It seemed very aggressive.

#28 ·
Michaela said:
Mr Whippy said:
They've buggered up (dealer imo) and compensated you accordingly.

No way would I just go to the back of the queue and wait again.

But I'd have probably forced the issue and got a courtesy car while waiting.

Is it a rental or bought outright?
It's a purchased one.
Issue is I use it for work and have a fuel card which I can only use on a car registered to me, so couldn't use it on a courtesy car.

I'm happy they have compensated me accordingly.
I only raised it to see if anyone else had been affected..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sorry my point was that the dealer might have just buggered it up... so others won't have been 'effected' because it's a made up factory issue.

The amount of tall stories BMW salesmen have been known to tell I wouldn't assume this one is true unless you get an official BMW UK or BMW factory letter.

Unless you have it all documented and it's genuine?

I'm still very surprised that BMW don't have line slots for corrections etc, or delay all deliveries while a line error is corrected.

This 'solution' feels more like the dealers solution to their issue.

#31 ·
I wouldn't want it if it was missing something from the pack. Come re-sale time, yours could potentially be the only car in the country missing the active cruise and that will make it harder to shift

#35 ·
Octavius said:
TRL said:
Octavius said:
I would ask to see the original order. Dealers can be a bit economical with the truth at times.
Is the car ready for collection ?
really? REALLY?... :lol2:
And two other members on this thread think the same &#x1f44d-1f3fb; Probably down to past experience like me.
Tony, if you want the details Pm me.
I think Tony is laughing with you not at you G 😂
Note: ^^^ that's me laughing at you 😉

#36 ·
Menace said:
Octavius said:
TRL said:
really? REALLY?... :lol2:
And two other members on this thread think the same &#x1f44d-1f3fb; Probably down to past experience like me.
Tony, if you want the details Pm me.
I think Tony is laughing with you not at you G 😂
Note: ^^^ that's me laughing at you 😉
Hard to tell these days Dan with all the self inflicted **** I've taken lately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.