Baby BMW Forum banner

Considering an X2

12K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  tonywalk 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

Been away from the forum for a while - thought it might have sprouted X1 and X2 sections as the Active Tourer is accomodated. However.....

I'm thinking of an X2 as my next car. My PCP is due up in 4 months so am exploring my options.

Has anyone had any experience of the X2 whether it be a test drive or even owning one :) The forum doesn't allow for a search of "X2".

Regards,
Tony.

#2 ·
No real experience of them other than having a nose when in the dealers last. Personally, it's not for me, but I can see why they may appeal.

The thing that stood out for me though was the cost!! I'm sure there are mighty discounts to be had, but the one in the showroom was a 2.0 petrol and with a few options was £40k! That seems crazy money for something like that.

#3 ·
Currently £2500 deposit contribution and 3.9% APR on PCP. Probably equates to around 8% off.

Regards,
Tony.

#4 ·
No experience per say but if it's anything like the x1 then it will be a decent motor, I've only driven my sisters x1 xline and was very comfy with enough rest space.

The thing that stopped her getting the x2 was the price. Very expensive for what it is.

#6 ·
You should consider the Volvo XC40 voted the 2018 European car of the year not just SUV and it has 4WD and the petrol variant T5 pumps out 250 hp

#7 ·
I think the X2 is a great small family car and with 400nm it shifts when you want it too. It's a nice drive when you realise how refined and well put together it is. If you are near London I'd be happy to loan you one for 24 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
johnboyblue said:
You should consider the Volvo XC40 voted the 2018 European car of the year not just SUV and it has 4WD and the petrol variant T5 pumps out 250 hp
I did, then I looked at the reviews which said it was "numb" to drive. Might still have a test drive though as reviewers can be notoriously biased aginst certain brands.

Regards,
Tony.

#10 ·
Jamie214 said:
I think the X2 is a great small family car and with 400nm it shifts when you want it too. It's a nice drive when you realise how refined and well put together it is. If you are near London I'd be happy to loan you one for 24 hours.
Cheers Jamie, unfortunately up near Manchester. Hopefully getting a 24hr loan in the next weeks or so.

Regards,
Tony.

#11 ·
tonywalk said:
johnboyblue said:
I did, then I looked at the reviews which said it was "numb" to drive. Might still have a test drive though as reviewers can be notoriously biased aginst certain brands.

Regards,
Tony.
Think that's fairly standard with Volvo tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 ·
I saw one at goodwood for - seemed very flimsy.. The door shut wasn't a typical german clunk more a flimsy bit of plastic. The quality of the materials seemed very cheap imo. I would certainly have a look at one first and then decide..

#15 ·
Johnnyo said:
I saw one at goodwood for - seemed very flimsy.. The door shut wasn't a typical german clunk more a flimsy bit of plastic. The quality of the materials seemed very cheap imo. I would certainly have a look at one first and then decide..
Well, I had a look at three (one showroom and two demos) and test drove the two demos.

#17 ·
Bren46 said:
I love mine , I've had it about 8 weeks, having come from a M140i ,
Similar path. M135i, currently M235i and when September comes.......

#20 ·
Bren46 said:
M sport x
Comfort pack
Driver pack
M sport x plus pack
Tech pack
Vision pack
Almost the same. Didn't think the comfort pack was worth it. Added the "plus" to the drivers pack with the saving.

#23 ·
The M35i version is up on the U.S. site and shows as all-wheel drive. Don't know when it's being released here.

#24 ·
I love it

There's a few words in one of the car mags saving the evens are smaller more designer focused and the odds are the bigger usuable or along those lines. Probably why I prefer the X2 and X6. I'm sure based on what others have said the X3 or X5 will be roomier

If I had a small child or they were offering the same deals as the M140i I'd have one. I think it looks mean and a nice halfway house to something like a Landover sport.
Just my 2p worth

#25 ·
Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my screen to the larger 8.8 inch version and just had a few queries which I'm hoping someone could help me with.

Current Car Specs:
2019 BMW X2
Vin # WBAYH32070EH08713
Connected Drive Services

I am looking to purchase this screen but I'm not too sure as to whether it will fit my car.

Would appreciate any help! :)

#26 ·
abhig said:
Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my screen to the larger 8.8 inch version and just had a few queries which I'm hoping someone could help me with.

Current Car Specs:
2019 BMW X2
Vin # WBAYH32070EH08713
Connected Drive Services

I am looking to purchase this screen but I'm not too sure as to whether it will fit my car.

Would appreciate any help! :)
I think I may have seen elsewhere that people have done screen mods. Don't forget that the X1 shares some commonality with the X2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.