Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In line with the other forums, I'm opening an X2 photo thread. You may recognise the first poster
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·









 

·
Registered
Joined
·
690 Posts
Nice one Tony although it does look as if I need to see one in the flesh when back home, initial impression being it's roughly the same size as our previous Active Tourer. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
dorsetred said:
Nice one Tony although it does look as if I need to see one in the flesh when back home, initial impression being it's roughly the same size as our previous Active Tourer. 8)
They are definitely better looking in person than in pictures. I wasn't a fan of them until I saw one in the flesh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
719 Posts
Beautiful cars. Really love the look of these for some
Unknown reason!

Think I may have to get the girlfriend onboard for a future purchase :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
telboy5 said:
Hoping to have this delivered in a week or so all going well.

It's the Msport Xdrive 20d with pretty good level of spec.
Very nice
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Better late than never, I suppose...

My time with an X2 is almost up (128ti incoming) so here's a handful from my 2.5 years in an F39. I have plenty more if anyone is remotely interested.

x2-3.jpg


x2-1.jpg


x2-4.jpg


x2-2.jpg


x2-5.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
bigshotdan said:
Better late than never, I suppose...

My time with an X2 is almost up (128ti incoming) so here's a handful from my 2.5 years in an F39. I have plenty more if anyone is remotely interested.

x2-3.jpg

x2-1.jpg

x2-4.jpg

x2-2.jpg

x2-5.jpg
This car is so beautiful, it looks well-maintained. Cool wheels you got there, I wish I could find one with a similar design on stores like 4wheelonline.
 

·
Registered
2016 M240i
Joined
·
5,412 Posts
bigshotdan said:
Better late than never, I suppose...

My time with an X2 is almost up (128ti incoming) so here's a handful from my 2.5 years in an F39. I have plenty more if anyone is remotely interested.

x2-3.jpg

x2-1.jpg

x2-4.jpg

x2-2.jpg

x2-5.jpg
More of the Cossie please!! :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
OneTwenty said:
More of the Cossie please!! :shock:
Here ya goes...

Another pic with the X2 in it:
2018-07-13 10.42.33.jpg


My favourite pic of the car through my entire ownership:
IMG_7585_bi-colour.jpg


And with another of my former Fast Fords, which I sold to a friend:
0tskhalrtol31.jpg


I owned the EsCos for five years. Bought it off a lovely gentleman in Canberra, and sold it back to him just on a year ago. So if I ever feel the desire to go through the torture again, all I have to do is ask...
 

·
Registered
2016 M240i
Joined
·
5,412 Posts
Cossie is amazing, you should buy it back!! :lol:

I was 19 years old in 1992 when they launched that car, and as my uncle was a local mechanic and part time rally driver he got an invite to the Ford dealers to go and see the new Escort Cosworth. I still remember going down and being amazed by it, plus they let us all sit inside it and start the engine etc.

For a 19 year old petrolhead it was fantastic. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
OneTwenty said:
Cossie is amazing, you should buy it back!! :lol:

I was 19 years old in 1992 when they launched that car, and as my uncle was a local mechanic and part time rally driver he got an invite to the Ford dealers to go and see the new Escort Cosworth. I still remember going down and being amazed by it, plus they let us all sit inside it and start the engine etc.

For a 19 year old petrolhead it was fantastic. :)
That would've been seriously cool. I grew up worshipping the RS500, as a little kid hanging over the fence at Lakeside watching the Shell Sierras run rings around the competition back in 88/89. That started my love affair with the Ford RS marque. If I won (a big) Lotto I'd go and find a mint EsCos, RS500 and especially RS200 to go along with a back catalogue of M Division's finest...
 

·
Registered
2016 M240i
Joined
·
5,412 Posts
bigshotdan said:
OneTwenty said:
Cossie is amazing, you should buy it back!! :lol:

I was 19 years old in 1992 when they launched that car, and as my uncle was a local mechanic and part time rally driver he got an invite to the Ford dealers to go and see the new Escort Cosworth. I still remember going down and being amazed by it, plus they let us all sit inside it and start the engine etc.

For a 19 year old petrolhead it was fantastic. :)
That would've been seriously cool. I grew up worshipping the RS500, as a little kid hanging over the fence at Lakeside watching the Shell Sierras run rings around the competition back in 88/89. That started my love affair with the Ford RS marque. If I won (a big) Lotto I'd go and find a mint EsCos, RS500 and especially RS200 to go along with a back catalogue of M Division's finest...
RS500 is my all time fave, there is a white one near me and I just love it. But the prices here are ridiculous now, and yo wouldn't be able to drive them due to fear of it being nicked/crashed.

I guess your Aus based, I grew up watching Bathurst races when we could get them here in the UK, my favourite circuit in the world. Can't remember the names now, but Glen Seaton I think in a red/orange RS500. Brock in the Holdens etc.
 

·
Registered
2016 M240i
Joined
·
5,412 Posts
I've still got the VHS video of the 92 Bathurst1000, Tooeys I think it was. Don't have a VHS player any more, but it was such an awesome race. RS500s, Skylines and even normal everyday cars like Civic's etc.

Would love to go to Bathurst one day.
 

·
Registered
2016 M240i
Joined
·
5,412 Posts
Just been on YouTube reminiscing, such good racing back then and look at those cars, RS500, AE86, E30 M3, what a time!!

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
OneTwenty said:
Just been on YouTube reminiscing, such good racing back then and look at those cars, RS500, AE86, E30 M3, what a time!!
Oh yeah... the Group A days here were mega. Absolutely mega.

OneTwenty said:
I've still got the VHS video of the 92 Bathurst1000, Tooeys I think it was. Don't have a VHS player any more, but it was such an awesome race. RS500s, Skylines and even normal everyday cars like Civic's etc.

Would love to go to Bathurst one day.
Y'know you can get quite a few old Bathurst races both on DVD and download from Duke Video?

I've only been once to the 1000, back in 2004... and then only because a few friends from the UK came down! I've been to the 12 Hour more times; 2015, 16 and 17. Need to get back there for another one... hopefully the world gets back to some semblance of normality and we can welcome the world again next year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Spotted an X2 20i sporting what i guess is Sunset Orange paint on a no-sunlight day.
Often the colour looks quite red in low-light & shadow but seeing it next to the Flamenco F45 the difference is noticeable.

rainyOrangeX2_(1).jpg

rainyOrangeX2_(2).jpg
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top