Baby BMW Forum banner
  • The monthly Photo Competition is back! Click HERE to enter
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
It depends if you need use of the car regardless of weather really .
And where you live , im in the pennines so can get pretty interesting weather wise up here
Ive always run winter tyres on my m2 and every bmw for that matter but i need to get to work no matter what the weather does .
I got cought out in my m2 without winters in a pretty minor bit of snow fall and couldnt even get out of the parking space which was on the slightest incline .
So for me its a no brainer .
With winters ive got through pretty much anything no issues at all .
For what its worth on the m2 i just used bmw official wheel/tyre package (shameless plug but they are now for sale )
A decent set of winter tyres in the original 19inch size are pretty expensive

Reactions: Snakeplissken83

·
Registered
136 Posts
It depends if you need use of the car regardless of weather really .
And where you live , im in the pennines so can get pretty interesting weather wise up here
Ive always run winter tyres on my m2 and every bmw for that matter but i need to get to work no matter what the weather does .
I got cought out in my m2 without winters in a pretty minor bit of snow fall and couldnt even get out of the parking space which was on the slightest incline .
So for me its a no brainer .
With winters ive got through pretty much anything no issues at all .
For what its worth on the m2 i just used bmw official wheel/tyre package (shameless plug but they are now for sale )
A decent set of winter tyres in the original 19inch size are pretty expensive
Ditto - I've used Goodyear Ultragrips for years now and found them very good, even in milder wet weather.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts