Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a really weird problem. Topped up washer on Sunday and used today for the first time, when I got just a dribble from the jets. Headlight washer is OK and you can hear the pump, but no water. I thought maybe a pipe connector had come apart so opened the bonnet and found nothing. Not sure what made me try this, but then I pulled the washer lever while the bonnet was open (and engine running) and hey presto everything was fine, but after I closed the bonnet again I got the same useless dribble. I've tried this several times now and it works perfectly when the bonnet is open but not when it's closed. Any ideas before I call BMW tomorrow?! (Apologies in advance if this has cropped up before, but couldn't find it on a search.)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
The washer tube across the bonnet hinge is being squashed when you close it by the sounds of it ! Move the harness around to give a bit more slack and it should be OK!

Or put some talc on the pipe, close the bonnet and when you open the bonnet again it will leave a witness mark and you can see where the pipe is fouling or being kinked. This is also useful technique for finding water leaks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tminal said:
The washer tube across the bonnet hinge is being squashed when you close it by the sounds of it ! Move the harness around to give a bit more slack and it should be OK!
Hey thanks, you were right! I feel a bit of an idiot now, although I don' think it should have happened. If anything there is too much slack and I think that's why it got trapped.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Cheers, no problem, glad you got it sorted.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've got the same problem today - just cleaned air duct (stucked with leaves), and accidentaly move the washer pipe - it shouldn't happen, but seems to be a technical oversight. Weird.... but the solution was the same, just move the harness.

vazq

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.