Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I have a 2018 140i and when driving at speeds of 50/60mph+ I can hear a wind noise coming through the front drivers side of the cabin. I checked the windscreen and it doesn't have the BMW Logo, it has "Pilkington" on it. I assume this is a replacement windscreen?

My car has approved used warranty. If this has been a dodgy windscreen replacement will BMW Approved Used fix it? I've contacted my local branch but would like a second opinion in case they try deny it.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Hi Conner, the OEM windscreens were very thin and weak and susceptible to cracks from stones. Chances are it has been changed. Wind noise is more likely to be door rubbers which are well worth treating with Gummi Plfege.

Reactions: _connermurphy

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Conner, the OEM windscreens were very thin and weak and susceptible to cracks from stones. Chances are it has been changed. Wind noise is more likely to be door rubbers which are well worth treating with Gummi Plfege.
Thanks - I will have a look. Do you just mean the rubber seals around my driver door trim/frame?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts