Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 21 plate 118 M Sport on lease. Everything is great but more recently my navigation has been doing weird things - first it got confused and lost where I was whilst directing me somewhere, and now it basically positions me in the wrong place even when just on the main screen of the display.

Why would this happen? I've checked for a software update but there isn't one. I have Android Auto so use that for navigation now as it's better anyway, but it would be good if the iDrive GPS actually knew where I was the rest of the time.

It righted itself the other day but soon went wrong again and currently thinks I'm 20 miles away from where I actually am.

The vehicle finder on the MyBMW app has the car in the right place, by the way.

·
Super Moderator
367 Posts
Having done a scan of this and other forums, people with this issue have reported that a combination of reboots and factory resets restores their GPS function.

Reboot:
(the video shows an iDrive 4 unit, but the procedure is the same)

Reset:

One user reported having to do both of the above >3 times (as well as driving locally in between) to actually achieve a result - as their first and second attempts had led to initial success, with the issue recurring shortly after.

Hope this helps.

Danny

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for checking this out for me. Bizarrely, it occasionally sorts itself and I'm suddenly 'in the right place' again but it's too inconsistent. I'll look into the full reset and see what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts