Baby BMW Forum banner
  • The monthly Photo Competition is back! Click HERE to enter
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have made 3 reports now on a thread in the last 7 days, all of them ignored.

Not an active moderator in sight.

No support mechanism or response from any forum admin.

No wonder nobody is using this forum anymore.

·
Administrator
152 Posts
I have reviewed the reports and actioned them according to the site rules. The reports will generate an alert for moderators to review and take action. Reporting the same item does not increase the number of reports or change the priority for it to be actioned, it only adds a note to an ongoing reported item.

As the moderators for the forum are all volunteer, they may not be here all the time or be able to respond to reports instantly. As we expect that the community moderators are usually the first line to respond and action these reports, we typically don't check them in detail unless they are reported directly to us (like it was in this case).

We are always looking for active members in the community that are willing to help with moderation duties like removing spam and reminding members to follow the rules. If you are interested in helping the community, please feel free to reach out to us directly to discuss this option.

Daniel

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Hi Daniel, I do not think the Mods are active on this site anymore. Marco is not present, but has not left; to retain his posts of the brilliant advice he has given over the years (he has bought Porsche). Lambster May 19th and Rich Apr 27th.

Reactions: VSAdmin

·
Administrator
152 Posts
Hi Daniel, I do not think the Mods are active on this site anymore. Marco is not present, but has not left; to retain his posts of the brilliant advice he has given over the years (he has bought Porsche). Lambster May 19th and Rich Apr 27th.
We have been made aware of the fact that the former mods are no longer active; if you or anyone else is interested in becoming a mod or if you think there is someone that is a good candidate for becoming a mod, then please reach out to us via PM. 😊

~MR

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Hi Daniel, thanks for that, whilst enthusiastic, my knowledge base is too poor to take on the role. There are many here wiser and with much more knowledge.

·
Administrator
152 Posts
Hi Daniel, thanks for that, whilst enthusiastic, my knowledge base is too poor to take on the role. There are many here wiser and with much more knowledge.
Not a problem, if you ever do become interest or want more information, feel free to reach out to us. The role is not for everyone, but we are also happy to help train anyone who is willing to take on the role to be able to perform the duties. 90% of what we ask is that moderators are simply active community members. The last 10% is performing moderator duties and most of them can be done while still enjoying the site.

Daniel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts