Baby BMW Forum banner
961 - 980 of 1132 Posts

· Registered
184 Posts
I thought the same about TM, loaner I had looked terrible with swirls and minor scuffs - wasn't helped by the dealer sending it unwashed either. In showroom condition, have to admit, it definitely has the wow factor!
The 220i that I cancelled was in PB but I chickened out after seeing a 3 series covered in road film - mind you, you could say the exact same about Sapphire Black! Thing is I just love Black cars and thought if its gonna look a bit drab when dirty I'd rather it be a colour I love. PB is a stunning colour though and if it wasn't for SB I don't think I could choose between it and BG.
Just for the record though - Henry Ford was absolutely right, everything on a car should be black........except for the wheels.........black wheels should be illegal!! 🤣🤣
I've had a few black cars in the past and when clean and looked after they look immense,couldn't believe how little the dealer cared about the one I borrowed and like yours it wasnt washed.(some unsuspecting person bought it a few weeks after I had it).

I still remember the impression the BG made on me when I saw a 240 for the first time,have swayed a few times about colour since but have to stick with that original "wow" factor feeling.

I don't normally keep cars long so if BG turns out not to be for me it will be gone,my intention was to keep the 240 for a number of years though and still expect that to be the case.If it meant having that black demonstrator or no 240 I'd have the demonstrator,found the car that good.

· Registered
338 Posts
My dealer lent me their BG 230i demo as I was stuck for transport yesterday and initially I thought the grey looked really well but by the time I left it back I was a bit ambivalent about it.

Mine is Portimao Blue, which I liked in any of the photos I've seen, but haven't seen one 'in the flesh'.
How did you find the 230i Jon? I toyed with the idea of a 230i but went 220i on account of lead times. Quite a few YT folk saying the 230 could be the sweet spot?

· Registered
338 Posts
..........If it meant having that black demonstrator or no 240 I'd have the demonstrator,found the car that good.
Yeah me too, was actually very tempted by the demo in TN as it had the full MPerf carbon kit but dealer explained it wasnt for sale at that time??
In all seriousness, despite the "everything on a car" comment, if it wasn't for the black side sills and lower rear bumper I think colour choice would have been a lot harder for me! Just my preference but I like body colour bumpers, mirrors etc so PB or even MR would have been a nice change from Hockenheim Silver.

With those areas in body colour its a different animal and side on is quite M2ey looking. Check out R44's example in HolyMotherOfGod Green to see what I mean! 🤣

· Registered
184 Posts
Yeah me too, was actually very tempted by the demo in TN as it had the full MPerf carbon kit but dealer explained it wasnt for sale at that time??
In all seriousness, despite the "everything on a car" comment, if it wasn't for the black side sills and lower rear bumper I think colour choice would have been a lot harder for me! Just my preference but I like body colour bumpers, mirrors etc so PB or even MR would have been a nice change from Hockenheim Silver.

With those areas in body colour its a different animal and side on is quite M2ey looking. Check out R44's example in HolyMotherOfGod Green to see what I mean! 🤣
I'd have never considered a green car of any shade but that really does look good,shows not to disregard anything colour wise.

· Registered
101 Posts
How did you find the 230i Jon? I toyed with the idea of a 230i but went 220i on account of lead times. Quite a few YT folk saying the 230 could be the sweet spot?
Haven't driven a 220 so can't compare but the 230 was a nice enough car. A few things stood out though; I thought it lacked a little bit of low down grunt but if you kept in Sport and kept the revs up it was quick. First thing I did when I got in was turn off stop/start but a few times when I stopped at a junction or lights I had to double check as the car was so quiet. I'm also glad I went for adaptive suspension as the passive setup seemed very firm although it wasn't crashy. Still, glad I went for the M240 :LOL:

· Registered
1,731 Posts
So, the latest fiasco in the delivery of my car: my dealer called me to say that the BCA system (transportation company contracted by BMW) said that it was delivering this morning, but didn’t show up - no idea where the car is! I’m bleeping fuming!

· Registered
1,731 Posts
No way! The car has come so far and they still don’t know where it is!
Yep, bonkers ain’t it! Just spoken with my dealer again & he is going to take my M135i off me on Saturday regardless and put me in a 840I gran coupe until my car turns up (silver linings and all that)

· Registered
184 Posts
Let me do some digging & I’ll get back to you
Your carrier ref started HRZ-H (Horizon Highway) I assume and mine starts DRG-H (possibly Drive Green Highway) which left Veracruz on 11th November and due in Southampton 12th December? Only other to have left is the Victoria Highway which is still hanging about just off the coast from Veracruz.

· Registered
338 Posts
Your carrier ref started HRZ-H (Horizon Highway) I assume and mine starts DRG-H (possibly Drive Green Highway) which left Veracruz on 11th November and due in Southampton 12th December? Only other to have left is the Victoria Highway which is still hanging about just off the coast from Veracruz.
If your (our) cars are on the DRG-H that would sure make nonsense of all the code updates o_O - Unless you are on a different boat??

· Registered
184 Posts
If your (our) cars are on the DRG-H that would sure make nonsense of all the code updates o_O - Unless you are on a different boat??
You,me and @spursmat had our last few status codes progress on exactly the same dates so I'd say we are on the same boat.

I may be wrong about DRG-H meaning Drive Green Highway,it was only based on @Invisiblename providing his carrier Ref which started HRZ-H and was the Horizon Highway.

I fully agree if we are on this boat then it sailed over a week before our status went 195.

All adding to my confusion

· Registered
105 Posts
I would agree with the above! We did originally guess/hope/calculate that we were on the Drive Green Highway. Makes no sense with regard to when our statuses changed but the “arrival” date does match up and gives a little bit more leeway for delivery to dealer.

· Registered
184 Posts
I would agree with the above! We did originally guess/hope/calculate that we were on the Drive Green Highway. Makes no sense with regard to when our statuses changed but the “arrival” date does match up and gives a little bit more leeway for delivery to dealer.
Logically from what we know (from your carrier timetable) and the code DRG-H at the start of the carrier number I now think we are on the Drive Green but the delay in status code change has me beat.

Like you say it also ties in with the expected delivery week to dealer factoring in a slight hold up over Christmas,if the cars are on this boat one or two of us may be lucky and have our cars at the dealer before Christmas.
Mine has to get to Scotland so I can't see it getting there before Christmas.

· Registered
338 Posts
I agree, the dates and the DRG-H meaning Drive Green Highway is not an unreasonable assumption - anyone know where Davisville is ? There are several.
One delivery pre-Christmas is more likely as mine has to cross the Irish Sea to N Ireland - will be interesting to see how long @BigJon 's car takes from Southampton.
Map World Atlas Parallel

· Registered
184 Posts
I agree, the dates and the DRG-H meaning Drive Green Highway is not an unreasonable assumption - anyone know where Davisville is ? There are several.
One delivery pre-Christmas is more likely as mine has to cross the Irish Sea to N Ireland - will be interesting to see how long @BigJon 's car takes from Southampton.
View attachment 19963
We both look like delivery to dealer after Christmas then,an extra week doesn't matter to me.

I've gone from thinking I knew where my car was to confusion yet again,hopefully @Invisiblename can confirm our boat from the reference.

No idea where Davisville is,looked it up the other day and it didn't help.

· Registered
1,731 Posts
We both look like delivery to dealer after Christmas then,an extra week doesn't matter to me.

I've gone from thinking I knew where my car was to confusion yet again,hopefully @Invisiblename can confirm our boat from the reference.

No idea where Davisville is,looked it up the other day and it didn't help.
It’s on Rhode Island (NE of New York) - it has a large vehicle handling port, my ship stopped there

961 - 980 of 1132 Posts