Baby BMW Forum banner
941 - 960 of 1132 Posts

· Registered
1,731 Posts
Yeah that's it,I'm one who always believes in asking.

Is your car cleared through customs clearance now (again) and on it's way to the dealer?
Yep, even got a reg number!! Hopefully delivered & PDI'd for a Saturday collection

· Registered
184 Posts
Did any of you manage to get the full Carrier Load number? I may have a contact that can confirm your ship
This is the response today when I asked for the carrier number,I've now sent the screenshot you provided to the dealer so will see what tomorrow brings.

"My System doesn't give me access to see load number will ask manager tomorrow to see if they can get as there is different to mine."

· Registered
184 Posts

· Registered
184 Posts
So it’s just sitting in Mexico like it has been for weeks! I also haven’t managed to get the carrier load number.
After Veracruz it immediately goes to Altamira which from what I can gather is inland slightly so it must just be the area of water its sitting in until it leaves for Davisville today,the Horizon Highway did the same so no concerns unless it's still going round in circles in the same area tomorrow.

My salesperson isnt the sharpest and is going to try and get the carrier load number via his manager today,if he fails I'll go into the dealership over the weekend and see if I can help him do his job;)

· Registered
184 Posts
Our car is at the dealership, I have seen a quick video of it & it looks great in Portimao , first one in that colour they have had , hopefully we will be collect it on Saturday. :)
I was torn between Portimao and Brooklyn,when I ordered the dealership had an M340i in Portimao and it looked brilliant so much it gave me a dilemma between the 2 colours.(only stuck to Brooklyn due to remembering the impression the first 240i I saw made on me,very shiny dealer launch car in April).

You definitely wont be disappointed with the colour,the blue will contrast really well with the black on the exterior of the car.

· Registered
203 Posts
I was torn between Mineral white & Portimao, we had not seen either in the flesh apart from a 3 series in Mineral white at the dealers , I love the pearl effect but our last car was white & my partner wanted a change , if they had done it in Isle of Man green I would 100% had that .

· Registered
184 Posts
I was torn between Mineral white & Portimao, we had not seen either in the flesh apart from a 3 series in Mineral white at the dealers , I love the pearl effect but our last car was white & my partner wanted a change , if they had done it in Isle of Man green I would 100% had that .
I've not seen the white in the flesh so cannot comment,my Golf R was Blue which was another factor in pushing me towards grey when I had the dilemma over colours when ordering.

· Registered
101 Posts
Our car is at the dealership, I have seen a quick video of it & it looks great in Portimao , first one in that colour they have had , hopefully we will be collect it on Saturday. :)
Congrats, hopefully all goes well for you on Saturday. I checked yesterday and the transport company hasn't collected my car so it's still scheduled for delivery next week.

· Registered
101 Posts
I was torn between Portimao and Brooklyn,when I ordered the dealership had an M340i in Portimao and it looked brilliant so much it gave me a dilemma between the 2 colours.(only stuck to Brooklyn due to remembering the impression the first 240i I saw made on me,very shiny dealer launch car in April).

You definitely wont be disappointed with the colour,the blue will contrast really well with the black on the exterior of the car.
I've not seen the white in the flesh so cannot comment,my Golf R was Blue which was another factor in pushing me towards grey when I had the dilemma over colours when ordering.
My dealer lent me their BG 230i demo as I was stuck for transport yesterday and initially I thought the grey looked really well but by the time I left it back I was a bit ambivalent about it.

Mine is Portimao Blue, which I liked in any of the photos I've seen, but haven't seen one 'in the flesh'.

· Registered
184 Posts
My dealer lent me their BG 230i demo as I was stuck for transport yesterday and initially I thought the grey looked really well but by the time I left it back I was a bit ambivalent about it.

Mine is Portimao Blue, which I liked in any of the photos I've seen, but haven't seen one 'in the flesh'.
I've been lucky to see both colours on M lite cars and both look great in my opinion.
I had a black M240i off the dealer for a day and a half and the marks showing up on it after 4000 miles were enough to put me off black cars for life.

· Registered
105 Posts
Exciting that you’re so close to collection day!

+1 for PB

I test drove a 220 in White and was going to order my 240 in Brooklyn but when they eventually got me a 240 to test drive it was in Portimao. I loved it so much I changed my order! Contrasts really well with the shadow line especially now the spoiler is black too!

· Registered
338 Posts
I've been lucky to see both colours on M lite cars and both look great in my opinion.
I had a black M240i off the dealer for a day and a half and the marks showing up on it after 4000 miles were enough to put me off black cars for life.
I thought the same about TM, loaner I had looked terrible with swirls and minor scuffs - wasn't helped by the dealer sending it unwashed either. In showroom condition, have to admit, it definitely has the wow factor!
The 220i that I cancelled was in PB but I chickened out after seeing a 3 series covered in road film - mind you, you could say the exact same about Sapphire Black! Thing is I just love Black cars and thought if its gonna look a bit drab when dirty I'd rather it be a colour I love. PB is a stunning colour though and if it wasn't for SB I don't think I could choose between it and BG.
Just for the record though - Henry Ford was absolutely right, everything on a car should be black........except for the wheels.........black wheels should be illegal!! 🤣🤣

· Registered
128 Posts
Mineral white looks decent on the M240 (photo from a local dealer) - black/white combo is good - but doesn't look quite as aggressive as other colours (IMO anyway - it was my first colour choice though!)

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

I've gone for the quietly understated Thundernight!
You'll be surprised at how NOT OTT Thundernight is most of the time. Unless you're in bright sunshine the colour is pretty dark - get some light on it though and it REALLY pops! Looks at it's best when wet IMO....

Reactions: Invisiblename

· Registered
1,731 Posts
Mineral white looks decent on the M240 (photo from a local dealer) - black/white combo is good - but doesn't look quite as aggressive as other colours (IMO anyway - it was my first colour choice though!)

View attachment 19952

You'll be surprised at how NOT OTT Thundernight is most of the time. Unless you're in bright sunshine the colour is pretty dark - get some light on it though and it REALLY pops! Looks at it's best when wet IMO....
Agreed, I saw another customer’s TN at my dealer & I knew I’d made the right choice!

· Registered
128 Posts
Agreed, I saw another customer’s TN at my dealer & I knew I’d made the right choice!
Side by side with mineral grey you'd be hard pushed to call TN an "out there" colour! Definitely a wolf in sheep's clothing - just like the car itself.

Happy to see you're getting PPF though as the colour is a pain to keep clean 😂😂

Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle

Reactions: Invisiblename
941 - 960 of 1132 Posts