Baby BMW Forum banner
441 - 460 of 495 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
And it’s the hope that kills! No movement on mine, still scheduled for build start 3rd Oct :(
The crazy thing with all this is there seems to be little/no reasoning around the order in which cars are built. Spec doesn't seem to make much of a difference and neither does the date the car was ordered... People who ordered in March get their cars before people who ordered in July 2021. Dropping spec doesn't seem to increase chances of a car getting built etc etc. No doubt there will be some logic behind it all but it's certainly a odd situation - especially when dealers don't really understand either!

It's genuinely worth the wait though - 100%... Added bonus is hopefully for you guys some of the niggles of the earlier cars are ironed out!

Reactions: Invisiblename

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered end of July 2022 and was told it would be a Q2 build next year which I was fine with,had a 24 hour test drive of a 240 last week and upon returning it was informed the dealership expected to have my car by the end of December with it being built early November(if this happens it's a bonus if not happy to wait).
On Wednesday I added the M Tech Pack to upgrade from M sport brakes to M Performance brakes and estimated build week stayed the same,found the brakes on the demonstrator lacking and a little spongy at times compared to what I'm used to in the past.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The crazy thing with all this is there seems to be little/no reasoning around the order in which cars are built. Spec doesn't seem to make much of a difference and neither does the date the car was ordered... People who ordered in March get their cars before people who ordered in July 2021. Dropping spec doesn't seem to increase chances of a car getting built etc etc. No doubt there will be some logic behind it all but it's certainly a odd situation - especially when dealers don't really understand either!

It's genuinely worth the wait though - 100%... Added bonus is hopefully for you guys some of the niggles of the earlier cars are ironed out!
This is what is frustrating me so much. I placed my order in October last year, and the date has shifted 4 times since then with the last build week on the 12th August, I then got an email from the dealer on the 12th to say it had been pushed back to build in December and delivery in Feb. I've put a complaint in to BMW UK and they are about as much use a chocolate teapot. I asked them direct why are cars that are being ordered after mine being built and delivered before, and they have basically come up with some stock response, but no actual explanation. The problem is every time they give me a date it gets changed at the last minute. I have no confidence in them anymore, and had I known this last year I wouldn't have placed the order, but now I'm almost a year in, they've got me tied in to waiting rather than starting a new order with someone else!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've ordered BMWs in the past when cars were built in a sensible timescale so never paid any attention to the order/build stages.

Do BMW confirm the build of a car a few weeks prior to it commencing or does it always stay as an estimated build week up until the week they start building it?

I have an order which the dealer stays is still showing as delivery to them by the end of the year,wondered if this will be confirmed for build sometime next month or if it can get pushed back right up to estimated build week?

Any information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Mine was built on the 8th of August and in transport end of August with estimated delivery week mid October.
Build was all done within the week.

Fingers crossed it comes earlier as it seems like a long time to ship over.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've ordered BMWs in the past when cars were built in a sensible timescale so never paid any attention to the order/build stages.

Do BMW confirm the build of a car a few weeks prior to it commencing or does it always stay as an estimated build week up until the week they start building it?

I have an order which the dealer stays is still showing as delivery to them by the end of the year,wondered if this will be confirmed for build sometime next month or if it can get pushed back right up to estimated build week?

Any information would be appreciated.
I contacted the BMW Genius on 2nd September and that's when I found out my car had moved to Status 150 with production confirmed for week beginning 12th September so they will likely only confirm a week or so before production begins.

How long was the build once started do you think ?
I don't know when my car actually started down the production line but it seems to only have been a few days.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I contacted the BMW Genius on 2nd September and that's when I found out my car had moved to Status 150 with production confirmed for week beginning 12th September so they will likely only confirm a week or so before production begins.

I don't know when my car actually started down the production line but it seems to only have been a few days.
How do you track your order on Genius? I don’t seem to have a vin or order number other than the dealer order number , they tell me I can’t track the status myself & I have to ask the dealer for updates who are slow getting back to me at best .

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Fingers crossed it comes earlier as it seems like a long time to ship over.
Remember that the ship they use from Mexico to Europe needs to be full, so worst case scenario could be that a car could be released to dispatch right at the front of the 'queue' for the ship, but wait ages for the last one

Reactions: a380df

·
Registered
73 Posts
How do you track your order on Genius? I don’t seem to have a vin or order number other than the dealer order number , they tell me I can’t track the status myself & I have to ask the dealer for updates who are slow getting back to me at best .
If you go to the BMW UK website and click on the live chat icon. Once it opens up enter your name and in the question window type "order update" and then your order number. They usually ask you to confirm the model and colour of the car you've ordered but will give you the latest on your car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you go to the BMW UK website and click on the live chat icon. Once it opens up enter your name and in the question window type "order update" and then your order number. They usually ask you to confirm the model and colour of the car you've ordered but will give you the latest on your car.
I should also have said the order number should be a 7 digit number. If your car has started build your dealer should be able to give you the chassis number; Genius won't give that out on live chat.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Remember that the ship they use from Mexico to Europe needs to be full, so worst case scenario could be that a car could be released to dispatch right at the front of the 'queue' for the ship, but wait ages for the last one
Yeah it's odd as some other people on another forum originally had the same dates as me but were produced a week or two later and then got moved to a newer status (165) before mine that was sat at 160.
However the estimated delivery date was only 1-2 weeks earlier than mine. Although they have all slipped back by 1 week I think now for some reason.
So I have no idea what ship it could be on and so on.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Great , Thanks , it was really easy and so much faster than asking the dealer , I also asked them to confirm the spec .
BTW what’s
Instrument
Panel Letter ?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Would you say ‘ball park’ delivery timescales currently look like about 9 months on new orders?
It seems to be luck of the draw. There doesn't seem to be any logic to the time it takes from order to delivery.... Might as well shake a magic 8 ball to get an idea. From what I understand no dealers are taking on any new orders at the moment though.

FWIW my old order is still showing estimated build of 8th Dec - and was ordered in Dec 21 - so that's well over 12 months once delivery is factored in... If you do manage to get an order in personally I'd not expect it inside of 12 months and if it comes sooner then amazing!

Reactions: duckson
441 - 460 of 495 Posts