Baby BMW Forum banner
  • The monthly Photo Competition is back! Click HERE to enter
1 - 20 of 482 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's vey quiet in this forum, is this due to a lack of interest in the car or lack of members on this forum?

I've placed an order for fully loaded M240i (no tow bar or driving assistant package) Brooklyn Grey and am now waiting until Jan.
Any others taken the plunge?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
marco_polo said:
Lack of discounts I suspect, we're used to getting -20% off via TRL.
I asked him - response below backs up your theory:

HI buddy. Sorry we cannot quote discounts on unlaunched new models.
We have taken 6 or so deposits based on list price, thats all we can do for now sorry.
Once the car is launched and the fuss dies down, then they will allow me to offer on these. thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ordered a couple of weeks ago now.. PX a 67 plate M240 and a 68 plate 118i got really good prices for both and £1500 off new the good thing is can keep 118 till new car comes hopefully January
Gone for the Thundernight colour, cognac interior and ticked most of the other boxes!! Now just the wait😤

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ordered one last Friday, Brooklyn Grey, cognac interior , quite a few options ticked px'in with the M140 in January.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ordered today. 😀😀

Brooklyn Grey
Heated Steering Wheel
M Adaptive Suspension
Driving Assistant
Active Cruise Control
Parking Assistant Plus
Head-Up Display
Harman/Kardon Surround Sound Audio System Drive Recorder
Technology Plus Pack

Was told best case,end of year. Worse case Feb. I'm betting on Jan. Just in time for the rubbish weather!!

M135 (2016) Manual, high spec to be sold close to delivery.

·
Registered
31 Posts
matlough said:
Ordered today. 😀😀

Brooklyn Grey
Heated Steering Wheel
M Adaptive Suspension
Driving Assistant
Active Cruise Control
Parking Assistant Plus
Head-Up Display
Harman/Kardon Surround Sound Audio System Drive Recorder
Technology Plus Pack

Was told best case,end of year. Worse case Feb. I'm betting on Jan. Just in time for the rubbish weather!!

M135 (2016) Manual, high spec to be sold close to delivery.
i was told by dealer 22nd Jan is the UK wide dealer launch and even if it came in before that they wouldn't be able to let them go out so more than likely Snow that weekend!!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm on the verge of ordering tomorrow.

Brooklyn grey with cognac interior
Most of the options boxes ticked
3k down from me and 410pm.

I've been looking at something silly for a while for this price and this ticks all the boxes for me. I love the look of it too, contrary to most others!

·
Registered
265 Posts
MattM140i said:

I've been looking at something silly for a while for this price and this ticks all the boxes for me. I love the look of it too, contrary to most others!
That's a very good price! Is that for a M240? If so.. where from!

·
Registered
153 Posts
matlough said:
MattM140i said:

I second this

What on earth?

I put 3k down and I am on 427/month

On my M135iX F40

·
Registered
16 Posts
I will still hold on until I can see one, although the looks are really growing on me, especially the rear.

For the people that have placed orders, are the dealers confident of actually getting you a car with regards to the chip shortage issues etc.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Complete radio silence… but it's too early to expect any Comms at the moment I think.
Ive had no feedback suggesting limitations on options or chip related impacts. These are being built in Mexico so I'm not sure if that helps or not, I guess a global shortage is a global issue…

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Guys could someone who's ordered or spoke to a dealer with the proper system confirm we can get more than black or cognac in the UK?

That's all I can see on the online configuration thing.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
matlough said:
MattM140i said:

Obs not. Maybe it's for the 220d.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As stated in the 1st post, I've ordered Brooklyn Grey, today I drove to BMW Crewe who have a BG M4 outside.
I loved the colour, good contrast with the black. Obviously haven't seen the 240 in the flesh yet but at least any uncertainties I had about the colour have well and truly gone.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Stig747 said:
matlough said:
MattM140i said:

I second this

What on earth?

I put 3k down and I am on 427/month

On my M135iX F40
Is this for a 240?

I was looking at part ex my 140 at 6k then 499 a month with only a couple options

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
If it was a straight 3k plus 427 pm you have scores of people making their way to every dealer (but you'd have to get past me in the queue first). As has been said above, without taking p/e into consideration you are going to be in the ballpark of 6 mths plus 600

·
Registered
265 Posts
Those of us who have ordered one without even seeing it, pop down to the PGA Golf Wentworth. They have one on display. Its stunning!

No regrets whatsoever. I even like the rear!

Now for the long wait!

IMG_1583.jpg
IMG_1582.jpg
IMG_1581.jpg
IMG_1580.jpg

1 - 20 of 482 Posts