Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm currently debating about whether to get coilovers or not (most likely will anyways). My questions though is: which coilover's are better suited for mostly street use, and some track use? I've only seen two decent coilovers on the market - H&R and KW. I can't tell them apart. :?

Does anyone here have either of these two coilovers on their e87, and if so, how do you rate it?

Thanks in advance!

ps: Anyone got pics of coilovers installed on an e87?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Deceiving_e87 said:
Hey all,

I'm currently debating about whether to get coilovers or not (most likely will anyways). My questions though is: which coilover's are better suited for mostly street use, and some track use? I've only seen two decent coilovers on the market - H&R and KW. I can't tell them apart. :?

Does anyone here have either of these two coilovers on their e87, and if so, how do you rate it?

Thanks in advance!

ps: Anyone got pics of coilovers installed on an e87?
Hi there,
If its street comfort that has to be kept then KW do a new range of coilovers called 'street comfort'

Here's a link to the details on their site -
Also here are some pictures of some KW Clubsport coilovers fitted to a 135i - Lots of pictures on that link, just keep viewing the pictures on the right.

James :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Have you looked at eibach? got them fitted to my 1er, and love them, very smooth ride. Discussed here my firend has KW fitted to his 135i i rate there performance but couldnt tell you how smooth they are as he's got them on the hardest setting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
BeemerBoy said:
Have you looked at eibach? got them fitted to my 1er, and love them, very smooth ride. Discussed here my firend has KW fitted to his 135i i rate there performance but couldnt tell you how smooth they are as he's got them on the hardest setting.
Your 1er looks great BeemerBoy, can you tell me where you got the coilovers and how much you paid for them?

Cheers mate

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
looks like bmw's of yester year wheels tucked up in the arches how they should be how much was the drop by

·
Registered
298 Posts
well i actually got them off my mate who had them on a 120D m-sport 3-door for less than 5000 miles, (he traded up to a 135i and they wouldn't cross over) so i got them at a bargain mates price of £220 or somewhere like that. But he got them from eibach Uk and they did retail for £880 but probably a bit less now, with the credit crunch and VAT cut. I really must get round to measuring the drop cause i don't remember, ill definately do it soon because its in need of a MAJOR wash!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Get either CROSS or KW Club Sport, u will be amazed how the car rides.
Both have linear spring rates which makes a huge difference vs the progressive springs found in PSS9 or Var1/2/3 for eg :spotman:

·
Registered
298 Posts
That's interesting they certainly did do ...... I'll look into it tomorrow morning as I'm away till 10 tonight, seems like a role reversal, a mod the dervs can get and you petrol beasts can't!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
i dont know if its because the dervs have a wider track? blistein do a set and it looks good but its 1200 quid

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
benis130im said:
i dont know if its because the dervs have a wider track? blistein do a set and it looks good but its 1200 quid
:shock: ouch.....

You certainly dont need to spend that kind of money.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I think you'll find eibach do, do the 130i mate, on the whole range infact select europe and then change the page to english and check the products again mate, there tucked in there before the diesels . . . . . .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.