Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently only use Meg's wash, NXT tech wax, but am looking at buying a regime, i.e Gilmour & snow foam, Zymol HD Cleanse / and a wax, or P21S cleanse, Wax, and poor boys wheel wax.

So what do you all use for your cars?

Wash:
cleanse
wax
top gloss or whatever

??

·
Registered
19 Posts
MattEHR1, to answer:

Wash: Elite snow foam (but waiting on Matt to see if it's OK after using Zymol Wax), then Zymol Clear with eurow wash mitt.
Cleanse: Zymol HD Cleanse
Wax: Zymol titanium
Top Gloss: None yet (not needed titanium is so good), but will get Zymol Field Glaze for occasional spritz-up.

Never tried Megs but hear they're good, but really can't recommend Zymol enough. Oh and if you haven't yet, buy a Gilmour and wash mitts and microfibre drying towels - they're worth their weight in gold. As said above, just waiting for an answer on whether Snow foam is OK for use after Zymoling.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Hi Matt EHR1

Hope this is useful........... :roll:

I do the following;

WASH
Pre-wash with a Gilmour using Snow foam & megs shampoo plus - allow to soak for 5 minutes.
Rinse
Megs NXT shampoo
Wash with lambs wool wash mitt
Rinse
Dry with Sonus Der wunder trying towel - Used like a matador so no rubbing!

PAINT CARE
Megs step 1 - paint cleaner
Megs Clay bar and mist spray if required! (Haven't used this yet!)
Megs step 2 - Polish (Haven't used this yet!)
Megs #7 Show car glaze
Collinite 476s autowax (beading is awesome!!)

I hoping that I will not need to do the paint care very often as the Collinite has great durability.

This is a far cry from when I used to use a sponge and a chamois leather followed by a coat of Mer!!! :shock:

Tony

·
Registered
395 Posts
Just done this little regime to great effect this weekend. Will not be a regular job by any means, but should see me through another major session until spring. :)

Rinse with Gilmour & SnowFoam
Wash with Zymol shampoo (2 bucket method, lambswool mitt)
Swissol clay bar
Rinse
Polish with Sonus SFX-3 Final Finish Polish and Porter Cable 7424. Sonus polish now used up and will be switching to Menzerna as I've heard good things.
Klasse Sealant Glaze
Swissol Shield Wax.

Wheels - rinsed with Zymol shampoo as they already had Poorboys Wheel Sealant on them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks to couple of you on the forum, I tried the Collinite wax and must say have been very impressed. As Tminal said, the beading is pretty awesome.

I do find myself waxing wee too much :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So you use collinite 476 and not the 915 ? i had heard someone from USA prefering 476...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive just spent 3 hours cleaning our 1'er

Meg's Foamed with a foam gun (£9 one not gilmour - excellent)
rinsed
foamed again, then wash mit.
Microfibre shammy
Zymol to get rid of tar, stubborn deposits!
Collinite 915 wax (excellent easy on / off if you do a panel at a time, and it doesn't stain the black trim either)
buff with microfibre
further coat of wax and buff....

Phewwwww! im knackered.... :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, just over one month since the first wax and i've washed the car twice since then, using megs shampoo, foam spray hose attachment(not gilmour) etc.

The Collinite 915 wax is still beading very well, and poorboys wheel wax makes it a dream to wash the wheels, not more harsh chemicals needed.

Car washes quicker than ever :D

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Matt EHR1 said:
So you use collinite 476 and not the 915 ? i had heard someone from USA prefering 476...
Yes I use 476s although I am going to try some 845 next based on a quote below from a detailing forum

Collinite #915 has the highest carnauba content and works best on darker colours
Collinite #845 is a liquid wax, probably gives the wettest look out of the three, looks awesome on light colours especially Silver.
Collinite #476 is an excellent all-rounder.

Tony

·
Registered
6 Posts
I do the following;

WASH
Pre-wash with a Gilmour using Snow foam & megs shampoo plus - allow to soak for 5 minutes.
Rinse
Megs NXT shampoo
Rinse

PAINT CARE
Megs #7 Show car glaze

tminal...do you always do this every time you clean the car? and is that every week?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
sharifgh said:
I do the following;

WASH
Rinse
Megs NXT shampoo
Rinse

PAINT CARE
Megs #7 Show car glaze

tminal...do you always do this every time you clean the car? and is that every week?
I do the wash every 2 weeks followed by a spritz of Megs Last Touch detailing spray! Two applications of foam are applied during the winter months.

The paint care is done when required, as long as it is still beading I leave it alone, thus reducing the risks of swirls. I waxed the car in August and haven't touched it since and its still beading and still has a wet look finish IMHO

I have learned that using the right products reduces the amount of time I spend cleaning the car!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.