Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have nowt, in the vernacular in semi-rural Lancashire. What about your area?

·
Super Moderator
65,232 Posts
Very few round our way, although I’m not too sad about that to be honest….

Last time I saw a decent number was at Lego Land Windsor, more angry Yellowjackets than bricks!

·
Super Moderator
835 Posts
I had a very insistent sod buzzing round my cider last night. Bloody thing. I trapped it in an empty bottle, let it got sozzled for a few minutes and let it go. I swear its flight path was a little more erratic when it left.

·
Super Moderator
237 Posts
I trapped one in my window screen a couple of nights ago. There'll be millions of the sods when the temperature rises soon!

·
Super Moderator
3,789 Posts
According to one of the local boys the farms have been spraying general insecticide this year thanks to the combo of Russia/Ukraine, supply/demand/inflation and the government's total abandonment of agriculture after br3xit etc. making the targeted stuff or pre-treated crops unavailable/too expensive. He's about the least environmentally conscious person I know, but even he's worried about what the shortcuts they're being forced to take are going to do to the countryside.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Plenty in S.Wales ! Been laid up after a hernia op for the last 3 weeks and sitting out the back garden with an alcoholic beverage (of any kind), has become my favourite pastime, seems sharing my beverage has become popular with the local wasp community, i've tried most drinks in an effort to put them off, which also means in my efforts to dissuade them, i'm pretty pissed most nights .... well thats my excuse 😂

Reactions: pem10

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think they are all on the Norfolk Broads, the pubs along there were swarming with them last weekend :(

·
Registered
BMW 220d M Sport
1,672 Posts
We have nowt, in the vernacular in semi-rural Lancashire. What about your area?
Hi Simon
I have driven to Durham at least once a year for the past decade to see my brother so that's 250 miles straight up the A1 from London
The number plate and to a lessrer extent the windscreen used to be covered in assorted remants of flying creatures
Over the past 3 or 4 years it has got noticeably less
I last did trip a month ago and there was nothing on the number plate at all when I got there

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still none (or very few) here in Lancs.
Hi Simon
I have driven to Durham at least once a year for the past decade to see my brother so that's 250 miles straight up the A1 from London
The number plate and to a lessrer extent the windscreen used to be covered in assorted remants of flying creatures
I last did trip a month ago and there was nothing on the number plate at all when I got there

Hi Paul, it would seem they have all moved to Norfolk and S.Wales! :p

Reactions: pje16

·
Registered
13 Posts
Still none (or very few) here in Lancs.

Hi Paul, it would seem they have all moved to Norfolk and S.Wales! :p
Who'd of thought Wasps were so fussy in their place of residence 😂

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi Simon
That's because they realise that Durham is a great place and was once buzzin... :D Still is in retrospect though :cool:

·
Registered
254 Posts
wasn't really excited to see a bunch of wasps last week when we were having a nice dinner in the garden area of a pub. most annoying thing is that they kept on coming back :|

·
Registered
578 Posts
Just read an article over here that we need to wait a few weeks to let the number increase. I am not a fan of these creature, but ok, and drinking coca cola zero on the terrace helps, they’re not interested in that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts