Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think it would be nice to know what spec/options people have ordered or have
Ill Start:cool:

·
Registered
2022 BMW 118i M Sport
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ive ordered a 118I M Sport Auto In Black Sapphire , My Car is now built and waiting to be shipped to the UK :)
Here are my options/Spec-
19s Alloys , Black Leather , Comfort Pack , M Sport Pro Pack , Larger Fuel Tank , Split Folding Rear Seats , Front Lumbar Support , Panoramic Glass Sunroof , Gesture Control , Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging , Wifi Hotspot , M Sport Steering , Parking Assistant , Adaptive LED Headlights , Harmon Kardon.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Ordered for the wife, delivery September

M135i Xdrive
Sky Scraper Grey
Pro Pack with 557 wheels
Electric Seats
Lumbar Support
Heated Steering Wheel
Park Assist - Reverse Camera

·
Registered
24,056 Posts
F44
Alpine White.
Sports Automatic Transmission
Comfort Pack
Tow Bar
Bigger Fuel Tank
Heated Steering Wheel
Lumbar Support
Sun Protection Glass

A bit basic really but the spec is perfect for what I need.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ordered Feb 22 118i M Sport Skyscraper Grey
552M Alloys, Adaptive LED headlights, Electric boot and Park assist with reversing Camera, Dealer supply and fit Black grill

·
Registered
7 Posts
New to forum as jumping from the VAG ship of 2 x Audi Quattro previous to the last 3 cars, which have been Golf GTI (63) Golf R (66) and GTI TCR (69)

These are company lease and in a normal world would maybe have been tempted to keep the TCR as absolutely love it, but at present prices its a little too steep, so it was onto the next lease, and there were two factors that made me step away from the MK 8 Clubsport or R and that's the reduced quality, touchless and buggy interior plus the jump in price, to end up with car would wish, its a bunch of options, and you into mid £40,000 very quickly.

Looked at both the 135i and the 128Ti and having found the TCR much more engaging than the R, decided wanted to keep to same formula, and the final decider was price, which was £3000 cheaper than lease cost of the TCR in 2019.

Have always kept to the signature where can on cars, so the R was Lapiz Blue and the TCR was Pure Grey and stayed with the Alpine White, with the red trim, for the 128Ti, and for first time ever, kept to the 18" wheels as signature with the performance tyres option ticked.

Found the 128Ti standard specification so well aimed at me, pretty much most of the options that were cost, were not something really hankered for, IE: The comfort option, where presently spend most of my time with TCR disabling KESSY as park it, and so fob entry and start button is exactly what want.

So, only options were, Electric Lumbar, Split Folding Seats, Sun Protection Glass, Park Assist (mainly for camera) and Heated Steering Wheel (as was told by many its one of those options you never thought love, but will)

Intend to add a Maxton lip spoiler, and a boot liner, and that's it.

Having been in 2013 designed VW Golf cabins for 9 years, must admit to looking forward to being inside the BMW cabin, its hugely lifted (IMO) from the Golfs, and the tech and manipulation with plenty of switches and dials seems excellent. Have selected the Boston Trim and must say the ambient lighting, even if its not what you select a car for, creates for a great cabin when light fades (test drove in February)

Test drive is nothing like living with a car, but felt as lively as my TCR, and though does not have the DCC used to, the standard suspension of the 128Ti seemed pretty comparable to driving around in the Sport Setting which do predominantly.

Never had a BMW before, always been VAG, and must admit really looking forward to the switch and maybe timing is good given this is BMW first car that aims itself at cars really enjoyed for an extended time now.

Onto the reason for this thread, ordered in early March, and so far its still apparently on schedule for the October changeover, which will believe when see,

Be great if changeover happens on time, but quite relaxed about it, as been used to delays, etc, over the years, and will be driving around in something decent till it shows its face, but will add progress of my order to this thread.

For those interested, will do a comparison review to the MK 7.5 GTI TCR, which was the best that car was as an evolutionary run out model,

·
Registered
167 Posts
Spec below. Absolutely loving the Storm Bay and Alcantara/grey trim standard trim combo. The combination really suits the shape and the change according to light is massive, as really emphasised at this time of year. Added Maxton spoiler cap to balance the front splitter, which to my eyes looks great - the M Performance version being too shouty, like AMG, especially for 300 bhp in my view. The standard wheels are a fantastic design, better than the 19s, which I wouldn’t have anyway as adaptive suspension is a must for me. As is the pan roof, which really does make a huge difference to the cabin ambience. It creaked a bit after 1000 miles but I’m sorting that, with gummiflege, thanks to this forum! Agree re heated wheel, also lumbar was a must. Got stuck on the M25 yesterday for 3 hours and took 5 in total to get home and have a bad back so already so glad I ticked that box again. Ordered electric tailgate which is perhaps the only luxury I could do without but, you know what, already I love it and, maybe its a bit Much in a hatch but its actually really useful!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Oh, and by the way, the Harmon Kardon in the F40 is miles better than in the F20, miles better!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts