Baby BMW Forum banner
  • The monthly Photo Competition is back! Click HERE to enter
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, what is this credit card sized thing that I got through the post today? It's plastic, looks like it should go in my wallet, has a picture of the stop start button on one side and a section that says "Connect with your BMW" on it that folds out to reveal some electrical contacts...

Arrived with no explanation of what it is or what I'm expected to do with it. Came in a pack that includes a lot of marketing waffle, but that is all. Is it something to do with the connected drive thingy or what? What am I supposed to do with it, anyone know?

·
Registered
363 Posts
It's a kind of welcome pack from BMW - that credit card thing is a USB drive so you can plug it in to your computer, and I think it has a few videos or a link to the BMW online page I think.

Not overly useful but the leather effect wallet that comes with it is kind of useful for keeping documents together :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah that's what it is....

I think they gave me the leather wallet thing at hand over. It looks like it's the service booklet right, only it's not as that is all electronic now, it just holds the manuals and warranty and stuff?

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Waste of time IMO. I got all excited when mine came, thinking it might be a discount to accessors and other such goodies.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got mine yesterday, despite others comments I am fairly certain you plug it into a secret port in the car and you get an extra 100bhp, 20mm suspension drop, a fruiter exhaust note, and an LSD ...not going to bother trying now if that aint the case :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Feral Goat said:
I got mine yesterday, despite others comments I am fairly certain you plug it into a secret port in the car and you get an extra 100bhp, 20mm suspension drop, a fruiter exhaust note, and an LSD ...not going to bother trying now if that aint the case :)
It does say "connect with your BMW" so if it doesn't give you any of the above I consider that mis-selling! :twisted:

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Feral Goat said:
Lol if only.... we would all pay good money for that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.