Baby BMW Forum banner
9641 - 9660 of 9664 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Changed my gearbox mounts to E46 M3 ones today, pretty easy job and hopefully makes a nice difference. The old ones seems alright but we'll see after a few drives next week. I have a BMW weighted gear knob on the way too. Had a clean up while under there from a recent split CCV hose as well so was nice and oily.

Blue Wood Font Gas Plant

·
Registered
old: e82 MSport N47 120d. current e82 MSport N52 125i.
347 Posts
New Disks and Pads on the back. Textar and Mintex.
Wish they'd stay looking like this.
Cars still only on 39K and I suspect it was probably on its original disks. They were pretty corroded and ugly!

Waiting on the 130i carriers to come back from the bead-blast and then I can finally do the upgrade on the fronts.

Attachments

·
Administrator
4,015 Posts
For your sausage dog 🤭
They'd fit in the 130 better if they were sausage dogs :eek2:

But the guard is because their new friend is finally old enough to not sit on laps.

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Liver Companion dog

And I thought my door jambs were clean!
:lol2:

Dirty door jambs are a pet hate – can't help but notice them, so they get washed/waxed just like everything else!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Paid somone to bead-blast the gray paint (I'd) applied to my 130i caliper carriers so I could start again :)
This time I've coated them In my new favourite thing Hydrate-80 which magically makes metal things look like new. I'll see how long it lasts but I'm so much happier with this finish on my brakes than the gray paint route I was going down.

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
more pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,651 ·
Haven't seen a thread like this on here, So the idea is to post up what you did to your 1 Series. Types of things to post could be cleaning, maintaining, modifying, piloting it around a track, etc. Post pics if you can. This thread could inspire others to do something similar. I'll start...

Now I remember my old user name!

Wish I had seen this thread when I returned after buying another babybmw, as I wouldn't have created a new account.
Anyway can't believe this thread is nearly 10 years old and still going strong!

·
Registered
11,669 Posts
Now I remember my old user name!

Wish I had seen this thread when I returned after buying another babybmw, as I wouldn't have created a new account.
Anyway can't believe this thread is nearly 10 years old and still going strong!
Haha fuming!!!!!

Well congratulations on creating one of the best threads ever created on babybmw!!!!

Apart from maybe the //M badge [email protected] thread

Welcome back.

I bet coming across this thread felt like you abandoned a child and then you see them years later all grown up!!!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,653 ·
Haha
Yeah seeing what I did to my 1 series was a bit nostalgic even if it was only mild tweaks compared to most. Taken me a long time to come back to a BMW and glad to be back on here😀👍

·
Registered
610 Posts
Tire Sky Cloud Wheel Car

Got a fresh MOT today (called apk over here). Only a small note, left front shock is “sweaty”, so this will get sorted the coming period. The garage owner said that 99% of car owners leave like it is.... So I am the 1%😀 I tend to order Sachs shocks, good experience with former cars.
I looked at my maintenance history of the last year, only regular stuff like oil and spark plugs and a gasket. The engine is running sweet and no oil consumption, so not bad for a 2009 with N43 engine.
Gave my car a good wash, and treated the plastics with pb natural look, so looks nice and shiny, just a pic below in my back garden.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Haha fuming!!!!!

Well congratulations on creating one of the best threads ever created on babybmw!!!!

Apart from maybe the //M badge [email protected] thread

Welcome back.

I bet coming across this thread felt like you abandoned a child and then you see them years later all grown up!!!
Someone please revive the //M badge [email protected] thread!

·
Administrator
4,015 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
took an air vent apart and sanded each individual slat down with 800 and then 1200 grit before hitting them with plastic primer and a couple of coats of satin black and reassembled, looks decent, damaged one slat by using a pad on the end of a drill to do the sanding as I’m lazy. so I’m gonna need to replace that but it’s so much better than the sun burnt gunk look. super easy job, I’ll do the other ones over the coming days probably ditch the drill.

·
Registered
48 Posts
and I finished the vents, centre ones were a bit trickier, snapped off a couple of the cam pins which allow slats to move up and down together, failed to glue these tiny nubs of plastic back on so drilled a tiny hole and slotted a piece of wire in there, works perfectly, looks great, job jobbed.

9641 - 9660 of 9664 Posts