Baby BMW Forum banner
9601 - 9613 of 9613 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
p said:
[m" post_id=1734552 time=1652212627 user_id=43832]Portugal roads are also not very good inside city, just on the main roads a bit better or the highways. :wink:
Whoops! Sorry! I of course meant Portuguese roads! 😁

p said:
[m" post_id=1734552 time=1652212627 user_id=43832]Yes KW have the adjuster extensions, I have to say that option crossed my mind but thought it wouldn't justify the price and this way if you look inside the trunk you can't notice nothing, with extension they will be laying down in the trunk and everyone will be able to see them as also to fill the trunk you have to be careful to not damage them when filling in and out the trunk with the bags.

I am happy with this solution, it fulfills my needs I have to say :D
The flap looks great, really subtle. I'll post what my setup looks like when I fit it! They weren't cheap for what they are, but for on the fly adjustments/tweaking, I thought it was worth getting.

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Courtathor said:
Sorted out the smokey smelling steering wheel, and installed it along with all the other interior trim bits I have. I still need to get the dash trim and door handle pieces retrimmed in alcantara, but the main bits are now done:

Steering wheel in Nappa leather/silver stitching by RSW
BMWP Alcantara Wheel Centre
Gaiters retrimmed in alcantara/silver stitching by RSW
Clubsport Gearknob
M3 Handbrake handle
Wrapped idrive controller, gear gaiter trim, cubby trim
Ashtray/lighter switched for cubby.

Aiming to switch the perforated stuff to smooth leather and the rest to alcantara :p

Surprised the difference the clubsport knob has made. Feels a lot more positive to engage rather than having a bit of a notch, especially when cold.
That steering wheel looks cracking, really like it. I need to get the wheel redone in my 335i.

·
Registered
111 Posts
CalvinNismo said:
Whoops! Sorry! I of course meant Portuguese roads! 😁
Ahahah no worries :lol:

CalvinNismo said:
The flap looks great, really subtle. I'll post what my setup looks like when I fit it! They weren't cheap for what they are, but for on the fly adjustments/tweaking, I thought it was worth getting.
Yes for sure even easier and you will not regret it, lets say here opening the trunk and seeing the adjusters outside the carpet would lead to a full car inspection if you understand what I mean, so wanted to go the possible lowest profile way :wink:

·
Registered
364 Posts

Gearbox and engine oil change today.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discovered that my car handles incredibly well and is drastically more composed over rough roads. (UK....)

Not at all crashy, very impressed with my new dampers and springs!

However.... I have a creak, the same creak I had originally on the rear right. Bloody annoying. Which means it's a bushing on one of the rear arms. It's no way near as bad at the moment and is only noticed on a pretty bouncy track that I have to go down to drop the dog at daycare. I suspect it's 80% + compression that it notices and I can't make it do it by pushing down on the rear like I could before.

Likely a project to tackle in a couple months.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts

Gearbox and engine oil change today.
I’ve never seen an LE without chrome window trims before. I assume it’s been painted or replaced but I actually think it looks really good 😊

·
Registered
364 Posts
I’ve never seen an LE without chrome window trims before. I assume it’s been painted or replaced but I actually think it looks really good 😊
It was like it when I bought it.
I think it’s wrapped.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Drove my car for the first time after gearbox oil change.
Noticeably smoother changes.
Went from 4 year old Castrol to nice fresh Febi Bilstein 40580.
Incidentally Castrol don't recommend a gearbox oil now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Switched from harder REVSHIFT polyurethane transmission mounts to softer Bmw e46 M3 mounts.

The ride is much more quieter and comfortable now.

·
Registered
364 Posts

Assembled my shocks and springs ready for fitting.

Reactions: noodels
9601 - 9613 of 9613 Posts