Baby BMW Forum banner
9581 - 9600 of 9613 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
JammyB said:
Spent a few hours Claying, Polishing and Coating the Roof, bonnet and Boot-lid with Fusso Coat.
Woke up to this lovely display of hydrophobicity (possibly a made-up word)
SmartSelect_20220501-113208_Instagram.jpg
SmartSelect_20220501-113148_Instagram.jpg

The front back and sides is for another day.
Just seen this one, looks brilliant!!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Passed 170,000 miles :fest:

·
Registered
372 Posts
JammyB said:
Cheers. It's now covered in dead insects! :roll:
I bet it is!!! Mine is an absolute disaster of bird poop and dusty rain, after sitting on stands for 3 weeks. Didn't get time for a wash sadly :(

MPN1 said:
Yay! Congrats, that gives me hope that mine will continue to run for a while longer yet. (141k)

·
Registered
364 Posts
bearded_ed said:
MPN1 said:
Yay! Congrats, that gives me hope that mine will continue to run for a while longer yet. (141k)
You're still running it in then. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Quick question for you chaps who have had retrimmed steering wheels. Just received mine, and it looks and feels great. However it absolutely hums of cigarette smoke. I've left it in a room with the door closed and you can barely go in the room due to the smell.

Anyone had anything similar happen with theirs? Think I'll push to get it redone with a better/clean carcass, as in a more enclosed space (i.e. the car) it's only going to be worse still... Unless anyone has any suggestions :?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Courtathor said:
Quick question for you chaps who have had retrimmed steering wheels. Just received mine, and it looks and feels great. However it absolutely hums of cigarette smoke. I've left it in a room with the door closed and you can barely go in the room due to the smell.

Anyone had anything similar happen with theirs? Think I'll push to get it redone with a better/clean carcass, as in a more enclosed space (i.e. the car) it's only going to be worse still... Unless anyone has any suggestions :?
Had mine done at Royal Steering Wheels but didn't have anything like that.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Made it shiny again. Two week-ends in a row. I might be turning into one of "them"
20220507_190626.jpg

Also admiring this very early 116i parcked outside my house. crazy to think some of these will be 20 years old soon.
I remember my boss chopping in his Z3 M shooting brake for one of these to save his licence (could you imagine).
20220507_190831.jpg

·
Registered
11,794 Posts
JammyB said:
Made it shiny again. Two week-ends in a row. I might be turning into one of "them" View attachment 1

Also admiring this very early 116i parcked outside my house. crazy to think some of these will be 20 years old soon.
I remember my boss chopping in his Z3 M shooting brake for one of these to save his licence (could you imagine).
Car looks awesome Jammy. You really can't beat a clean black car.

And there's nothing wrong with being one of "them".

You just don't want to be one of "those". Nobody likes them

·
Registered
111 Posts
This weekend I have finally finish the last touches in the interior and dash, all now in and assembled, also the new front Performance seats and pack M rear seats, also BMW Performance handbrake with boot and gear knobe with boot, installed the digital dashboard from Wengineering in the middle vents, all trims in Glacier, new dash for Navi, NBT Evo ID6 with Carplay and touch joystick placed as the original CIC system for E82:

Also in the trunk I made a hole to access the rear shocks adjusters without removing the entire side carpet:

For last installed the brackets to secure the warning triangle:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sorted out the smokey smelling steering wheel, and installed it along with all the other interior trim bits I have. I still need to get the dash trim and door handle pieces retrimmed in alcantara, but the main bits are now done:

Steering wheel in Nappa leather/silver stitching by RSW
BMWP Alcantara Wheel Centre
Gaiters retrimmed in alcantara/silver stitching by RSW
Clubsport Gearknob
M3 Handbrake handle
Wrapped idrive controller, gear gaiter trim, cubby trim
Ashtray/lighter switched for cubby.

Aiming to switch the perforated stuff to smooth leather and the rest to alcantara :p

Surprised the difference the clubsport knob has made. Feels a lot more positive to engage rather than having a bit of a notch, especially when cold.

·
Registered
360 Posts
p said:
[m" post_id=1734118 time=1652044844 user_id=43832]Also in the trunk I made a hole to access the rear shocks adjusters without removing the entire side carpet:

What shocks have you gone for? The flap looks really neat.

Interior looks great. The satin silver trim really goes with the Performance parts.

·
Registered
111 Posts
CalvinNismo said:
p said:
[m" post_id=1734118 time=1652044844 user_id=43832]Also in the trunk I made a hole to access the rear shocks adjusters without removing the entire side carpet:

What shocks have you gone for? The flap looks really neat.

Interior looks great. The satin silver trim really goes with the Performance parts.
Thanks Calvin. :D

The shocks I installed them more or less 1 year ago, they are KW Clubsport 2way, they are amazing, a bit tuff on front due to the KW top mount is rigid for the camber plate, plus the M3 arms gets a bit rush in the bad roads, but on high way and good roads its amazing to drive it.

Just got the idea of the holes from a friend who has the Bilstein B16 PSS10, he did this to have direct access to the adjusters, it's pointless if we have quick and easy adjusters and in the end we have to remove the side carpet to access them :roll:

·
Registered
360 Posts
p said:
[m" post_id=1734536 time=1652208712 user_id=43832]Thanks Calvin. :D

The shocks I installed them more or less 1 year ago, they are KW Clubsport 2way, they are amazing, a bit tuff on front due to the KW top mount is rigid for the camber plate, plus the M3 arms gets a bit rush in the bad roads, but on high way and good roads its amazing to drive it.

Just got the idea of the holes from a friend who has the Bilstein B16 PSS10, he did this to have direct access to the adjusters, it's pointless if we have quick and easy adjusters and in the end we have to remove the side carpet to access them :roll:
Very nice! Clubsports are supposed to be awesome and it is good they come with top mounts/camber plates. Better suited to smooth German roads than bumpy British roads I imagine.

I've bought some new suspension recently (not arrived yet) and I've got adjuster extensions though for them for the same exact reason! The extenders are actually listed for a Porsche 996/997, so hopefully they work! An extension is an extension, surely? It's a bit late now you've cut the flaps, but KW might have extensions in the catalogue maybe?

·
Registered
111 Posts
CalvinNismo said:
p said:
[m" post_id=1734536 time=1652208712 user_id=43832]Thanks Calvin. :D

Very nice! Clubsports are supposed to be awesome and it is good they come with top mounts/camber plates. Better suited to smooth German roads than bumpy British roads I imagine.

I've bought some new suspension recently (not arrived yet) and I've got adjuster extensions though for them for the same exact reason! The extenders are actually listed for a Porsche 996/997, so hopefully they work! An extension is an extension, surely? It's a bit late now you've cut the flaps, but KW might have extensions in the catalogue maybe?
Portugal roads are also not very good inside city, just on the main roads a bit better or the highways. :wink:

Yes KW have the adjuster extensions, I have to say that option crossed my mind but thought it wouldn't justify the price and this way if you look inside the trunk you can't notice nothing, with extension they will be laying down in the trunk and everyone will be able to see them as also to fill the trunk you have to be careful to not damage them when filling in and out the trunk with the bags.

I am happy with this solution, it fulfills my needs I have to say :D

9581 - 9600 of 9613 Posts