Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey.

how do guys clean the painted bits when the doors are open. I always get loads of water marks and spots from washing the car, as the water leaks through.

its kinda depressing to see these bits dirty when the outside of the car is shiny and polished

I cant really wash/hose all the dust and debris off before i go in with the wash mit and shampoo.

im a bit stuck?

thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey there S2AGU.

Generally the idea is that you wash your car.... then you chamois it dry.

Then once this is all done, you take an 'old' chamois (if you don't have an old one, then get a new one but clearly mark it so you know it is the 'old' one) and you then wash the inside of the doors, and under the doors, and inside the hatchback, and inside the fuel hatch, and under the bonnet/hood etc etc

This is essential to keeping the entire car in great condition :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info

i wanted to wash the car today but it is way to cold.

i think a trip to my dealer to get it valeted will be in order, i'll get them to do it free, i'll complain about something... like the back door handles sticking after having the car for only two and half months...!!

thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
and you then wash the inside of the doors, and under the doors, and inside the hatchback, and inside the fuel hatch, and under the bonnet/hood etc etc
Bl**dy good points. I clean these areas religously plus remove any leaves etc from the wiper cavities.

·
Registered
55 Posts
:oops: I only do these areas now and again - and it's really starting to show. :oops:

The car is absolutely filthy just now, so hopefully it can all get done on Wednesday when i'm off. Just hope the temperature rises a bit before then. :roll:

·
Registered
17 Posts
yep have the perfect solution for this.

get your self to halfords and get triple wax interior wipes. They come in a long green packet and are about £1.99. They are moist enough to remove dirty and leave no marks/damage/swirl on the paint.

they are fantastic as I use them for all in the sills, all between the doors. Also use to clean where the black metal plates are giving all the cars info. I also use them to clean the black plastic with "BMW" on . They are absolutely excellent - leave no smear. They are ok for in the interior, but they are even better for what you want where you describe.

If you keep all the innards around the doors when open clean it makes the car look "newer" for longer. Do not use them on the exterior paint 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.