Baby BMW Forum banner
  • October's Monthly Photo Competition is now open! CLICK HERE to enter
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you like it raining on your clean car?
Satin Black13.57%
Body Colour - Le Mans Blue2589.29%
Thundernight27.14%

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
6thElement said:
spokey said:
I never wash any of my cars, so... :oops:
The only time my current car has been washed in 3 years of ownership is the twice it's been in bodyshops after ijits have hit it.
Well, I don't feel so bad then. The 7er and the Z1 usually get washed by the dealers when they're in for fixing. Although, to be honest, most times they do such a bad job I wonder why they bother. :roll:

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's to be expected at this time of year. It will rain just after you have cleaned the car and you just know that after a few of miles down the wet road, the car will be as dirty as before you washed it. :(

I just wash it to get a short lived bit of joy and satisfaction when I see the clean car at the end of my labours. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Have to admit, I am a little anal regarding this topic. :| I will watch the weather like a hawk & only wash the car when it seems there will be at least 4-5 days of no rain & that's even with the car garaged. At the moment thought he only real problem is dust accumulation as the rain is not as frequent at the moment :roll:

:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Its funny that some of you dont bother to wash your cars. For me washing it is a part of the fun of owning a 1er (or any car you like) I take alot of care and I guess pride in washing my car....Just as I find driving fun I find washing/detailing the 1er is therapeautic so yes....when it rains right after washing it bugs me :evil:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nolz, I agree with you. Washing the car can be enjoyable.

Trouble is, in England, half of the year it is too bloody cold to "enjoy" the experience. The other half it is too damp and drizzly.

We do have sometimes a week or two of warm sunshine in summer, but people have already become so tolerant to seeing and driving dirty cars that many don't bother as onlly few will notice.

JELLOO :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Oh, how I wished I could change with Oz just now.
:lol:

Well, tonight is the night, well atleast I was hoping it would be. :| Would you believe it looks like it is going to storm :x I don't need to drive for 2 days so I think I will do the wash at a car wash then drive home praying the rain doesn't get me :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Washing cars is fun IMO. Only way to truely appreicate the design elements and learn the good and bad parts of the body surface.

I had a day off work today, and although I washed the car on Sunday, I gave it a dry wash (Meguiar's Final Inspection + microfibre cloth) in the garage this morning and then used a booster wax (Meguiar's NXT Spray Wax) to ensure the car retains the freshly waxed look. Also cleaned all the windows. All up spent 1.5 hours and loved every minute of it. If it wasn't already so clean and polished I'd give it another once over just for fun.

·
Registered
55 Posts
6thElement said:
The only time my current car has been washed in 3 years of ownership is the twice it's been in bodyshops after ijits have hit it.
Take it from me, you'll have to wash a black 1er, mine almost looks white today with the salt off the roads. :oops:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.