Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a virgin to the two bucket method and this weekend I 'popped the cherry'!

First time I washed the 1er (outcome as per pics ) I didnt get to use all my kit, tbh it wasnt required. Heres my current kit..

Hosed the whole car down, prepared one bucket of warm water with Zymol auto wash (two cap fulls) and one with cool water - to adopt the 'two bucket' method with my new Sonus wash mitt.

Started on the roof and windows, rinsed it down, then to bodywork, rinsed it down, then used a normal sponge on the wheels, rinsing them off too.

I then I dried the car using my new Sonus waffle drying towel, which is awesome comparing it to a traditional wash leather.

What it did highlight to me was that I am in need of a decent product to remove tar spots - has anyone any recommendations ?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
What it did highlight to me was that I am in need of a decent product to remove tar spots - has anyone any recommendations ?
The BMW tar remover is pretty good, used it on a Silver Fiesta that was covered in the tar spots, just spray on leave for a few seconds and watch it dissolve. Mine needs doing too!

Nice kit you have there!

I use the sonus drying towel and agree its excellent, I drape the towel on the paint and drag it off like a matador so no rubbing and reducing the risk of swirls.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
JoHNY said:
How anal, sory but i don't wash cars,i like it dirty :D
Tell us something new JoHNY! Have you washed your car since you picked it up?

preppeller, good point on the mitt touching the wall!! :roll:

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have the exact same buckets :lol: Glad someone else thought getting separate colours would be a good idea! Or is that all they had? lol

·
Registered
238 Posts
AndyM said:
I have the exact same buckets :lol: Glad someone else thought getting separate colours would be a good idea! Or is that all they had? lol
Ditto, also glad to see your handle falls off aswell !!
Im going to get the decent buckets and not B&Q :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
I can spot those B&Q buckets anywhere.... I too have no handles. A nightmare to carry with water in now. So I have to put them near the car empty and bring out a hot kettle and hose to fill um up!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.