Baby BMW Forum banner
  • October's Monthly Photo Competition is now open! CLICK HERE to enter
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used some NXT Tech Protectant on the inside of my car at the weekend. Mainly on the doors and the dashboard.

Few days later and it's come out in blotches. I'll try and take a photo later on but it looks horrific. It claims to "clean, condition and protect all vinyl, rubber and plastic surfaces.". Don't believe the hype.

Anyone know how to remove this stuff? White vinegar?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, the areas that are worse are where I sprayed it directly on. I did, however, also apply it another area by spraying it onto a cotton cloth and then wiping the surfaces. Both areas seem have been affected though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah, I have some Fast Glass. I'll give it a go and see what happens. I have some sponge pads that came with other meguiars products, but I guess I should get some clean ones!

Thanks for your advice :) :worship1:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dino007 said:
What do you mean by blotches? I bought some of the stuff but am yet to use it.
Might try it on my moms car first to test it :)
Well, if you imagine one drop of the stuff gets onto the plastic surfaces in your car... It seems to spread itself out and creates a blotch about 1cm in diameter. Seem to have a few of these in areas I didn't even intend on "tech protecting". The upshot is that I've had to do a lot more surface areas than I initially intended to.

Having said that, it does create a really nice wet look. The inside of my car is grey/black and it's given it a nice shine. Not sure what effect it would have on other colours.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.