Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Vehicle Speedometer Gauge Motor vehicle

After having the rear wheels aligned these 2 warning lights appeared after planting my foot, it disappeared after putting my foot down again from a standing start and the traction control kicking in, when I attempt to turn dtc off it doesn’t turn off when the lights are on, the fronts couldn’t be aligned as the track rods turned out to be ceased (sigh)…. Any ideas? Thanks in advice in advance

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I took it to my garage and they had a look, he said it’s the steering sensor being misaligned which is triggering it due to the tracking being off, so it’s booked in next week for them to take the track rods off and they’re going to try and free them 😩 he did say he won’t charge me if they can’t , and I’ll get some new ones on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, I took it in today and the garage freed the track rods without much hastle, they got the tracking done and reset everything on the computer…. Touch wood ….the problem has gone, I checked the reluctor rings when it was on the ramps and they were fine thankfully.
The garage only wanted 40 quid too! they did mention that the guy who tried the tracking before mustn’t have had much patience because they weren’t bad at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts