Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lots of airbags went off (all of them except the driver's seat actually) and myself and my passenger walked away without a scratch. Fantastic car in that respect, but having experienced wheelspin in third joining the motorway yesterday i REALLY need to ditch the runflats sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Chris! Sorry for the delayed response :)

Suppose i should update this thread slightly, since the car has changed a little bit since then...

First came the brakes:

Then the wheels:

Then the other wheels and debadge:

Then the steering wheel:

Then the towbar for the 'ski:

Which is also useful for the bike rack:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys :)

Yeah, ouch at the blue car - my only injury was a cut on my hand from where the steering wheel airbag blew and the leather flap cut my hand.

The ski is a three seater with 160bhp. It's 11 feet long and almost 5 feet wide, but does 65mph on the water :D

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
You just need a set of winter wheels/tyres now to prevent a 'square one' scenario!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
edition said:
Woops the blue one looks like it took a fair old knock!!! What did it have it's fight against???
I am really liking the new wheels! I might have to invest!
French motorway armco, 65mph, a sodden motorway in torrential rain, and runflats.
Yeah, i like the wheels too. And the black car is much higher spec than the blue one was...
Heated leather seats, cruise, xenons, sun protection glass, and a factory sunroof.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ant said:
that answers my question. I was out all day yesterday on my mates new jet ski and have decided i want one ( most of my mates have them now as we live next tot he sea) so i am going to get a Yamaha GP1300 R over winter, thats what i was on yesterday, awesome bit of kit i hit 60 on my first go, so quick, think they do 0-60 in 5 seconds flat so quicker then the 130i
The four-stroke 'skis are a lot more fuel efficient than the two-strokes, and more reliable, and easier to maintain (which seems weird!).
You can get a very decent four-stroke Yam from about £3k...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.