Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had their vanos changed? On the B58? BMW can’t find any codes when they scan but on my cheap reader I get:

P0012

All point to vanos, I have extended warranty but because they get no codes want to charge £1,000 to strip it and diagnose!! Currently awaiting call from BMW complaints and HQ.

Symptoms are surging/jerking under light acceleration up hills at low rpm and increase in fuel use, no lights on dash and otherwise drives fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
290 Posts
how did you get on with BMW Dave?
Personally I haven’t had this issue,how many miles has your car covered and have you been changing the oil on a regular basis.
just a thought but have you tried the throttle pedal reset

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update:

BMW stripped the engine and found that part of the vanos had eaten itself and was causing the issue. New timing and vanos has been ordered. All covered under warranty.

For those that asked. Car is 2017 67 reg 46k miles.

Serviced on time and oil changes done between services. No mods. Symptoms happened after major service and got slowly worse. Symptoms started around 32k.

· Registered
290 Posts
Update:

BMW stripped the engine and found that part of the vanos had eaten itself and was causing the issue. New timing and vanos has been ordered. All covered under warranty.

For those that asked. Car is 2017 67 reg 46k miles.

Serviced on time and oil changes done between services. No mods. Symptoms happened after major service and got slowly worse. Symptoms started around 32k.

thanks for the update Dave and I’m glad you have the extended warranty.
a little concerning,- no mods,service history up to date and preemptive oil changes.
the last statement regarding the symptoms started after BMW done their ‘Major’ service. Implies to me (you may not of ment to imply this yourself) that BMW cocked up- bloody dipsticks,literally!
Would be interested to see if on the invoice if it states which oil weight/LF04 or LF14?,
Ant.

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally got the car back! Good and bad news! The surging/jerking has finally been sorted. But they’ve damaged my front bumper in 3 places which will likely need replacing. Waiting to hear of the service manager on Monday.

The price for fixing the vanos on the b58 was £1200~excluding vat, in parts and labor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts