Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 2012 (62) plate M135i. I'm having some work done in about 3 weeks in relation to gaskets etc.
I have had a good look around and can't find a definitive answer as to whether the charge pipes are the same for a 2012 m135i compared to a 2015 m135i for example.
I'm looking at this eBay item. It says from 2014+, some other branded pipes websites say 2014+ also (and don't list them for a 2012), and others just say 2012+.

I'm guessing they are all the same, however?

Thanks!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I had a non known brand charge pipe sent to me in return for YouTube content and it didn’t even fit well, took over 2 hours to try and fit in the end garage gave up.

Then went for a forge cp and it slipped on in 20 mins start to finish haha

VRSF are a good brand too, pop me a DM if I can help dude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I'd recommend going for one of the well-known replacements like the VRSF. This gets a high score in terms of feedback from owners on all the UK and US forums. You can get cheaper parts off the Internet from some anonymous manufacturer, but given the effort required to fit, I think it's worth paying a bit of a premium for a product like the VRSF that has good endorsements from owners.

Be aware that fitting a 3rd.-party part like the VRSF will exclude you from BMW Extended Warranty cover. This requires the car to have a full BMW service history (FSH), and any retro-fits or options to be BMW original equipment (OE), such as the M Performance limited slip differential (LSD). Plus all servicing etc. must be done by a BMW garage.

BMW have apparently introduced a new, uprated replacement OE charge pipe, which is more robust than the ex-factory original. If a dealer does the replacement, this is what they’ll use and should fall into the OE category. But it’s still plastic and if you have a boosted engine mod’, the opinion is that you’ll need a metal version like the VRSF.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses.
I’ve left it with the garage doing the work, and although they are more awkward to fit, the cheap ones on eBay do the job perfectly well 👍🏼

1 - 5 of 5 Posts