Baby BMW Forum banner
81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
It will be interesting to see your interior as its still only the website renders online to look at , wonder if we will get the extra ambient lighting on the dash like the I4.
I think that the US will likely get the new ID8 models sooner than us because of shipping so hopefully soon we will see actual interior shots on youtube or something. I looked closely on the render and my bet is we won't get the extra strip of lighting. But would be great if we did.

Reactions: andip85

·
Registered
295 Posts
Currently I believe the production for all 2 series and some other models is held up at the moment.
Mine is has been at 150 for a few weeks but not moved. Dealer informed me from a bulletin its due to semi-conductor related parts.
Sounds like US cars are getting moved slots to August.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I ordered my car in January and it moved from a March production to July production and is now showing as November production. If your car isn't on a ship from Mexico then I wouldn't be holding my breath for delivery.
My dealer is trying to sort something out for me but if this doesn't work out then I'll have to cancel my order unfortunately.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Mine's moved to next week for production with delivery estimated 17th October.
Ordered end of March.

Looks like they are starting back up with production this or next week.

·
Registered
12 Posts
God knows what's happening over there but despite being told a couple of weeks ago the car was built and on it's way, i've checked today and it's back to 150 with production for build week 40 (01/10) - I can only assume they thought I wasn't worthy yet and took the car apart again :ROFLMAO: At this rate i'm looking at about 13-14 months from order to delivery!

·
Registered
295 Posts
God knows what's happening over there but despite being told a couple of weeks ago the car was built and on it's way, i've checked today and it's back to 150 with production for build week 40 (01/10) - I can only assume they thought I wasn't worthy yet and took the car apart again :ROFLMAO: At this rate i'm looking at about 13-14 months from order to delivery!
Did you get a VIN assigned?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Yeah apparently so but i'm not sure what to believe right now!
If you have the VIN or order number have you spoken to BMW genius to get an idea of what's going/gone on?

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Was talking to a colleague yesterday, he got his 330e last week and waited 16 months. Said he is never going BMW again for the lies they told him about production.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you have the VIN or order number have you spoken to BMW genius to get an idea of what's going/gone on?
Genius is who i've been speaking to for all of this information! If I ask why they just direct me to the dealer, when I ask the dealer it's just the usual generic stuff. I'm hoping it comes forward, I thought it was a bit odd to be at 150 with a VIN but to move so that it's now 2 months away from production.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In another turn of events i'm now being told it's entered assembly and change to status 193 (although the other post seems to suggest this at port of exit?!) with a delivery week of October 3rd. o_O

·
Registered
22 Posts
Was talking to a colleague yesterday, he got his 330e last week and waited 16 months. Said he is never going BMW again for the lies they told him about production.
Mine was the opposite. I had a 9 month nightmare with Porsche. Worst service I’ve received in any industry. I ordered my m240 in April, promised delivery last week of July, I collect tomorrow. 1 week later than promised with all the options I selected. My dealer was the best car buying experience I’ve had after 15 years of Audis. Mega impressed and cannot wait to move away from audi into a bm

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Mine was the opposite. I had a 9 month nightmare with Porsche. Worst service I’ve received in any industry. I ordered my m240 in April, promised delivery last week of July, I collect tomorrow. 1 week later than promised with all the options I selected. My dealer was the best car buying experience I’ve had after 15 years of Audis. Mega impressed and cannot wait to move away from audi into a bm
Pictures, we want pictures!

Reactions: Winrya

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Who was the dealer Winrya?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine's moved to next week for production with delivery estimated 17th October.
Ordered end of March.

Looks like they are starting back up with production this or next week.
Hopefully that's the case. My dealer has tried, unsuccessfully, to see if they could get a loan car for me but it's looking like I'll need to cancel and go to my 'plan B'. I currently have figures on a 2 year old Alfa Stelvio Quadrifoglio which is very tempting as a lifelong Alfa fan but don't really need something that big.

I'd still really like the M240 but with school starting in September again and me spending less time working at home it would make life very difficult.

I'd be interested to hear if your car definitely goes into production next week as my dealer has said there are 6 M240i cars on their system (I presume Northern Ireland only) and they're all showing week 1 2023 delivery.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
My old order is still in the system, was due to go into production on the 8th August with delivery in Oct. Just checked with genius and production has now slipped back to December 2022 (!!). Hopefully this isn't the same for everyone but maybe worth checking....

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
My old order is still in the system, was due to go into production on the 8th August with delivery in Oct. Just checked with genius and production has now slipped back to December 2022 (!!). Hopefully this isn't the same for everyone but maybe worth checking....
Checked with my dealer: order placed 28th March, build scheduled Oct’22, delivery end of Dec’22. No change from 2 months ago when it can forward from end of Q1’23 delivery.

• Love
Reactions: andip85
81 - 100 of 122 Posts