Baby BMW Forum banner
61 - 80 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ordered 1st week Nov, delivery pushed back from June, Sept and now early Oct. My dealer call to confirm that my car was pulled from the build schedule whilst they updated production lines to accommodate new ID8.

I too will have waited almost 12 months delivery, would have preferred ID7 as I think it’s more driver focus but at this stage I’ll just be happy to get the car as at times it’s felt like I’ll never see it. Hopefully it won’t slip back again and the next few months don’t drag. :0)
I am not that fussed what screen I get just want the car. Even though they are saying September to me I have my doubts that will happen but hopefully it does

·
Vendor
1,949 Posts
Dealer has just told me the new idrive 8 contains ‘windscreen display’, so HUD as standard like you get on the i4 - he’s going to confirm this as factual this am.
It’s 100% not standard on the M240 with ID8 media. You get the widescreen but to get HUD you have to order one of the technology packs. The hud has changed name to Live ****pit Professional. Optional extra.
the M240 cones withLive ****pit plus as standard (without hud).

·
Vendor
1,949 Posts
Guys. I have got an unsold M240 due to arrive in a few weeks. It’s big spec and I can’t really offer much in the way of an incentive as it’s a one off.
my next car is not due until December after this one. And of course this one has got a proper gear selector and ID7.
thundernight with cognac.
adaptive suspension
M tech pack
M pro pack
Heated steering wheel
Red brakes
Alum trim
Sunroof

email me and I’ll reply on Saturday when I’m back at work.

[email protected]

·
Registered
14 Posts
We cancelled our M235i order that we placed last november that got pushed back to next year and we found a september build slot on a M240i last month at another dealership, after a test drive we decided we would place the order , we was then told we could not have the HU that we really liked but we kept the order , the dealers finance guy called me to sort the PCP details and was quoting me £2k more than price i had in front of me using the BMW configurator live on the PC screen , the conversation got a bit heated as he was telling me i was wrong or not taking into account the OTR price but the configurator price is OTR , after i said i would have think about it and his attitude put me off it turned out that 3 days earlier there had been a price rise , the BMW dealer (finance) guy did not know & the BMW website had not been updated , unbelievable !
Then i had read that the Idrive was changing from 7 to 8 so i asked the dealer about it as the car would be a lot different to the car we test drove but they told me that it would be highly unlikely as the car has just been released but on the 18th they told me it was changing to idrive 8 so on the 19th we had to re spec our car , we now get the HU with the tec pack , at the time the pro pack was a no cost option including the wider wheels and was locked into our order with the HK ordered separately , i think now the wheels are now a £1200 option so we did ok with that at least , luckily i also got to order through another finance guy at the same dealership that knew what he was talking about as the other one was off work that day .
it really does seem that dealers and the i assume a large department that runs the BMW website don't know whats going on from day to day with there own product & i will be amazed if we actually get the car this year .

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Order cancelled (ordered in December '21, most recent ETA was October 2022 with an August build) over the weekend. Didn't want ID8 (even less after seeing it on some cars), plus order change to suit the pack updates resulted in a price increase (despite dropping a few options)! Residuals would have been higher if I'd financed the car though...

Managed to source another car with ID7 which should be available shortly (all being well) so it's worked out ok - but a massive shame it ended up this way. The "new" car isn't the exact spec I'd wanted - but it's got the important bits from my original spec. While I appreciate there have been unprecedented events, giving people already in the queue an option to choose to delay (or not) and rejig orders/slots may have been a better path to take from a customer service perspective - although maybe not so much from a logistics/delivery perspective.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Order cancelled (ordered in December '21, most recent ETA was October 2022 with an August build) over the weekend. Didn't want ID8 (even less after seeing it on some cars), plus order change to suit the pack updates resulted in a price increase (despite dropping a few options)! Residuals would have been higher if I'd financed the car though...

Managed to source another car with ID7 which should be available shortly (all being well) so it's worked out ok - but a massive shame it ended up this way. The "new" car isn't the exact spec I'd wanted - but it's got the important bits from my original spec. While I appreciate there have been unprecedented events, giving people already in the queue an option to choose to delay (or not) and rejig orders/slots may have been a better path to take from a customer service perspective - although maybe not so much from a logistics/delivery perspective.
I have tried to buy one of the BMW owned static demo cars but it seems until September the dealers have no official way of selling them or even rake a deposit , there is a car not far from me the same spec and colour I have ordered but they can’t find out what the price will be even & !if it will be the old or new price.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm getting frustrated with the lack of information and waiting for order to be schedule, as a reference point I ordered in January and still no closer to getting car. In the meantime I have bought a new car but not sure what to do with existing order as got a big discount through the NHS scheme. Is it worth taking delivery of car when its finally produced and selling straight to a dealer? I'm guessing I be saving around £6500 based on current retail price, if I could make half this I would be happy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm getting frustrated with the lack of information and waiting for order to be schedule, as a reference point I ordered in January and still no closer to getting car. In the meantime I have bought a new car but not sure what to do with existing order as got a big discount through the NHS scheme. Is it worth taking delivery of car when its finally produced and selling straight to a dealer? I'm guessing I be saving around £6500 based on current retail price, if I could make half this I would be happy.
When was your car build scheduled for when you placed your order ?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Was in a similar boat to you (although i suspect your discount was bigger!)

Managed to find another car (pickup next week 😱😱) after cancelling the original order - would have been an idrive 8 car due in October. Didn't want id8 or to wait about 4 months....

Anyway, given the current availability issues, lead time and second hand market I did wonder if it would have been sensible to keep that order and part ex later in the year. Only risk is that id8 really isn't as nice and I ended up getting stuck with it..
If you're happy with id8 and your dealer is willing to go along with it (and funds allow) then it maybe the best of both worlds for you....

Reactions: stufos

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
From looking at snip that dealer sent me not long after ordering looks like requested build of this week
If you have an order number you can check with BMW genius for current status

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yes do that on a weekly basis still always the same order hasn't been confirmed by factory yet and they suggest I speak to my retailer so just goes round in circles but i'm sure it will be built at some point :)
Did you order the Tech Plus Pack by chance? (The one with surround camera's)
Just as you are currently not able to select it on the configurator at the moment and could be due to a chip shortage maybe?

My order moved from and estimate of DEC 2022 to a build slot next month after the changes came into play.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did you order the Tech Plus Pack by chance? (The one with surround camera's)
Just as you are currently not able to select it on the configurator at the moment and could be due to a chip shortage maybe?

My order moved from and estimate of DEC 2022 to a build slot next month after the changes came into play.
No its quite a basic spec 220d - HK/Privacy Glass/Lumbar

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Checked Genius today and the car is finally built after ordering back in November! Due for delivery by 19th September, finally feel like I'm on the home straight!
Congrats!!!

61 - 80 of 122 Posts