Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone elses car gone from having a build date (or dates...) but now slipped back to Not Scheduled?

I've had various dates pushed back - from March -> w/c 16th May and now the car has no date at all.

Spec (which could the reason for slippage?)

M240i
Adaptive
Sunroof
Pro Pack
Comfort Pack
Tech Pack
Alu Trim

I'm happy enough to wait for a finite amount of time and I understand there maybe supply chain issues. Dealer can't tell me the reason for build delay - I'm happy to drop some spec to get the car built - but there's no indication on what maybe causing the delays!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have heard that delays are now due to unavailability of wiring harnesses that were being manufactured in Ukraine. I don't think any drop in spec is likely to speed up the build if that is the cause.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I have heard that delays are now due to unavailability of wiring harnesses that were being manufactured in Ukraine. I don't think any drop in spec is likely to speed up the build if that is the cause.
Harness supply has been move the the Czech Republic & China, so hopefully that will remove that log jam

Reactions: andip85

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just been talking to a contact in BMW and they said that options are being removed across all models, delivery dates being pushed back or in worse cases orders dropped . Dealers are getting cars from BMW for showrooms that they cant sell or if they do sell, it cant leave the showroom for about 6 months. I feel really awful for those whose dates keep getting pushed back or worse getting dropped to this scenario of "Not scheduled".

Reactions: andip85

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
The G42 is made in Mexico and harness's are supplied from that part of the world, the Ukraine harness suppliers supply europe produced vehicles.

·
Vendor
BMW M240i xDrive
257 Posts
It's because a shortage of iDrive systems apparently.

Mexico plant only set up for the current gen of iDrive at the moment and is low on stock so apparently gearing up to early refresh the iDrive to the 'single screen' design in the new models.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's because a shortage of iDrive systems apparently.

Mexico plant only set up for the current gen of iDrive at the moment and is low on stock so apparently gearing up to early refresh the iDrive to the 'single screen' design in the new models.
So basically once that's done, any new cars will have the new iDrive? The mono-glass one? Ewwwwwww - not a fan of that at all if that is the case!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Has anyone elses car gone from having a build date (or dates...) but now slipped back to Not Scheduled?

I've had various dates pushed back - from March -> w/c 16th May and now the car has no date at all.

Spec (which could the reason for slippage?)

M240i
Adaptive
Sunroof
Pro Pack
Comfort Pack
Tech Pack
Alu Trim

I'm happy enough to wait for a finite amount of time and I understand there maybe supply chain issues. Dealer can't tell me the reason for build delay - I'm happy to drop some spec to get the car built - but there's no indication on what maybe causing the delays!
I ordered 1st week Nov with Park Lane ‘NHS discount’ almost identical spec to yours but in black. It was scheduled for June delivery then pushed back to Sept a few weeks ago.

I’ve just checked with an online BMW Genius the status is now ‘not scheduled’. What next? Will they just drop the order al together?

What other options do we have? Buy an overpriced used car? Order news with another manufacturer and suffer the same issues?

My contact at PL is off until Thursday, I’ll ask for a detailed update from BMW as to why this has happened and when I’m likely to see the car. Prob not this year at this rate!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I ordered 1st week Nov with Park Lane ‘NHS discount’ almost identical spec to yours but in black. It was scheduled for June delivery then pushed back to Sept a few weeks ago.

I’ve just checked with an online BMW Genius the status is now ‘not scheduled’. What next? Will they just drop the order al together?

What other options do we have? Buy an overpriced used car? Order news with another manufacturer and suffer the same issues?

My contact at PL is off until Thursday, I’ll ask for a detailed update from BMW as to why this has happened and when I’m likely to see the car. Prob not this year at this rate!
Interesting to see how you get on - my dealer is still giving me an ETA of end of July for the car which I don't have much/any faith in (the date, not the dealer). There can only be a handful of cars that have actually landed in the UK so far which isn't great (IMO) for launch of a new model.
Hopefully things start moving soon - if it's "just" the iDrive issue then it may not take long to resolve - seem to recall seeing another post somewhere where here where they mentioned they were getting the "2023 variant" with an updated iDrive....

·
Registered
292 Posts
My contact at Park lane said that they are waiting for MY updates to be announced (or spec revision), Which is odd considering the car has just launched. However apparently it is expected to be in May.
This might be the case because the new M2 has been spied with the new iDrive system design so they might be changing over.
Again could also be down to the Ukraine situation however I heard that only effects EU (wiring harness)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
My contact at Park lane said that they are waiting for MY updates to be announced (or spec revision), Which is odd considering the car has just launched. However apparently it is expected to be in May.
This might be the case because the new M2 has been spied with the new iDrive system design so they might be changing over.
Again could also be down to the Ukraine situation however I heard that only effects EU (wiring harness)
I really hope it’s not an idrive 8 update. Hate the wrap around screen. I really wanted the preselect buttons as my OCD won’t cope well with a big screen full of finger prints! 🤯

·
Registered
39 Posts
Same for mine, no date at all now, frustrating to be so close.....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All the changes can be seen on the online configurator now. Looks like mine will be loosing HUD and parking assistant plus/drive recorder. It is the iDrive 8 screen too
Doesn't look horrific on the configurator... Shame about the HUD though.... Has HK dropped from a pack too? Seems to be only available as an extra as far as I can see?

·
Registered
292 Posts
So they h
I really hope it’s not an idrive 8 update. Hate the wrap around screen. I really wanted the preselect buttons as my OCD won’t cope well with a big screen full of finger prints! 🤯
Bad news although I think you might grow to like the changes!:unsure:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Doesn't look horrific on the configurator... Shame about the HUD though.... Has HK dropped from a pack too? Seems to be only available as an extra as far as I can see?
Yes it looks like the M Pro pack is no more which had the HK within - but perhaps they were amending the contents when I looked. Just waiting to hear from my dealer in PL this am see what’s what

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dealer has just told me the new idrive 8 contains ‘windscreen display’, so HUD as standard like you get on the i4 - he’s going to confirm this as factual this am.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dealer has just told me the new idrive 8 contains ‘windscreen display’, so HUD as standard like you get on the i4 - he’s going to confirm this as factual this am.
Has your dealer given any indication as to whether orders will be processed "as is" or if changes are required/resubmitted to confirm the new spec?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Been assured they are price protected but I suppose all orders need to be resubmitted to be reaccepted by factory
Fair enough - interesting see how they work pack removals (Pro for example) as I'd still want HK.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts