Baby BMW Forum banner
  • The monthly Photo Competition is back! Click HERE to enter
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had two front tyres replaced yesterday (19”) and the tpms is indicating low pressure in both, have checked pressures with two different pumps to the recommended psi and tried resetting the system a few times but still showing low. Any suggestions what might cause this and a fix?

Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Had two front tyres replaced yesterday (19”) and the tpms is indicating low pressure in both, have checked pressures with two different pumps to the recommended psi and tried resetting the system a few times but still showing low. Any suggestions what might cause this and a fix?

Many thanks

My bet would be they've possibly damaged the valves whilst fitting the new tyres

Reactions: AWM235ix and nazali

·
Registered
246 Posts
my observations with TPMS, from new, seemed ok, after a while, I found the PSI was off by around 1psi with my calibrated digital guage
then it went nuts silly between 1-2 to 3-4, never shows what the CORRECT PSI is
I was told, the batteries in the TPMS
I just don't use it for that anymore, one more usless thing that would have been nice if BMW got it to work properly.

to the OP, WAS IT WORKING before, if so, then as said above, there's a problem with the valve seal
you need to confirm with a CALIBRATED guage if that value is CORRECT or BMW PSI :)

You can use a TPMS scanner to tell you the condition of the battery in the TPMS

Also make sure you check with tires cold
and,... also recalibrate/reset it, with the CORRECT PSI

Reactions: AWM235ix

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your input.

It now appears ok; borrowed a pump last night and checked again early this morning - cold tyres etc and both tyre pressures where way off. Reset and all appears ok now

Old pumps binned and need to get a replacement pump and pressure gauge

Appreciate the feedback

1 - 5 of 5 Posts