Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone any recommendations for Tyre dressings, I normally just use Armorall Tyre Foam but it does not last long at all.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I use Megs Endurance High Gloss Tyre Protection Gel, last for weeks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
ahhhh, nooo! what are you guys doing???!!!
tyre dressing is such a no no!

its like putting wooden beaded seat covers in...
or a tennis ball over the towbar!

way uncool!!!!
imo

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I always dress the tyres - I don't like having grey tyres when the car's nice and clean.

The stuff that's nasty is tyre paint - black or white, neither looks good on any car

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers Guys, Yes tyre paint looks sh*te but the proper tyre dressings make the tyres look much better, as you say M6569 the grey tyres when the rest of the car is gleaming does not look good. the Meguires stuff seems favoured?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
garym2000 said:
Yes tyre paint looks sh*te but the proper tyre dressings make the tyres look much better
I agree!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Tyre slik is very popular, and has won the AutoEXPRESS award in 2007 after narrowly losing out to Comma Tyre Black in 2006.

However a firm of chauffeur driven cars that are a customer of mine are of the view that the Comma product is actually better in that they feel it is easier to apply and lasts longer.

Either are available from the web shop with the forum's usual 10% discount (AYSCX67)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Here is another suggestion, 303 Aerospace Protectant, easy to apply and gives a nice matt finish.

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
anthonyd said:
+1 for Meguiar's Endurance Tyre Gel
Another +1.

Good stuff although can get a bit messy and sticky if you get it on your hands.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Do any of these not cause your brush to go black at the next wash?

I've cleaned, scrubbed and degreased my tyres, yet when I apply Zaino's Z16 when I next wash my car my brush turns black.

Treated my tyres yesterday after making sure they were spotless, just been out now to rub the tyres the cloth and it comes off black :( The tyres were spotless so it's got to be the Z16 stuff.

I've tried Chemical Guys stuff before, that flicked black carp all up the side of the car. The only stuff I've had reaosnable success with is Autoglym but it doesn't last long.

Will any of the suggestions above save me having to keep buying new brushes - I just want a nice sheen, not blingy gloss shine :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I always use Poorboys Bold 'n' Bright. It leaves a nice finish, clean looking.

To get the most from any tyre dressings I feel the key is to make sure your tyres are clean. When I clean my car I always give the tyres a good spray with Megs Super Degreaser, leave to dwell and then give a good scrub with a brush.

the_rangdo, I don't have any experience with Zaino Z16. Is it oil based??? I always find oil based products attract more dirt. The Poorboys dressing I mentioned is water based, while it doesn't last as long as oil based dressings I find it doesn't seem to attract so much dirt to the tyres.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have been using Tyre Silk for ages and have been ok with it, especially since I bought a few of the bonus size tins on offer at the time. Since I took up the 3 4 2 at Halfords I bought Megs tyre dressing for a change. Very "easy on" in one go, good finish. So far will buy again as 1st choice but only used it yesterday so will wait and see how long it lasts. Looks like the bottle will last ages so that makes up for the initial outlay.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Dave1 said:
I have been using Tyre Silk for ages and have been ok with it, especially since I bought a few of the bonus size tins on offer at the time. Since I took up the 3 4 2 at Halfords I bought Megs tyre dressing for a change. Very "easy on" in one go, good finish. So far will buy again as 1st choice but only used it yesterday so will wait and see how long it lasts. Looks like the bottle will last ages so that makes up for the initial outlay.
I find megs tyre dressings really good but really stain the path/driveway so stopped using them :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.