Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for recommendations for tyre dressing products.
I've stuck with 3M Tyre Restorer for some time now. I like it mainly as it gives an understated satin finish, it's easy application, and zero fling off.
I don't care for the high gloss look at all, it just looks a bit too "forecourt" for me! ;)

However the 3M it seems to be getting scarcer and pricier. I found a deal the other week but the seller packed it badly and I just got a soggy plastic bag containing cardboard mush and a broken container :rolleyes: Most places are now charging stupid money for shipping too, often more than the product!

So, what say you folks? Any satin finish, no fling recommendations?

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Reactions: DaveR

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely this:-

Doesn't fling and lasts a reasonable amount of time
Looks like you can start with satin and build to gloss if desired, sounds good, thanks!

·
Registered
Alpine White F44.
368 Posts
I’m with Simon. The T2 is probably the best for the price. It’s easily applied and doesn’t sling off like the Meguiars crap everyone raves about.
I give the tyre wall a good wash and scrub with a brush before applying. Tyres look brand new when it’s dry and the more layers you apply the glossier it gets. You use very little so a bottle lasts for yonks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, the CarPro product is a new one on me too, but reviews are positive, and it seems to lean towards matt/satin which is a good thing. One to take note of I think.

I agree about some products, especially the gel type, and really don't care for the high gloss wet look.... never seen a new tyre look like that, so why do it?! Each to his, or her own I guess.
I've gone for the T2 on this occasion, my only other Gtechniq experience being C4, and that is something else, so I hope this impresses too. Also it was only a fiver so gotta be worth a go!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts