Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last week or so more often than not I am getting a No Traffic Information Available message in the RTTI screen. Has anyone else had this?

I've checked other apps that would need a network connection (eg weather app) and they are working OK, so I presume my car network is OK.

Any troubleshooting I can do or do I need to get in touch with my dealer?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Over the last week or so more often than not I am getting a No Traffic Information Available message in the RTTI screen. Has anyone else had this?

I've checked other apps that would need a network connection (eg weather app) and they are working OK, so I presume my car network is OK.

Any troubleshooting I can do or do I need to get in touch with my dealer?
Age is the car? Cld be the map sub has run out?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Sometimes services run from the month of manufacture rather than registration. If you create a connected drive account, you should be able to see what active subscriptions you have and when they expire.

BTW - there should be a build month on the inside of one of the front doors or use one of the VIN check sites.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already have a connected drive account and this is the connected package professional. Expires 28/05/2023.

Booked until 28/05/2023.
Your service can only be extended with a package.
Connected Package Professional
Connected Package Professional
Connected_Professional_LBS_6C4_gb-icon-v2-en-GB
Many digital professional services in a single package.
Our services for the best digital driving experience. This unbeatable package of benefits

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I will, but I thought if other owners were having the same issue, it might be a problem at the server end of whoever provides the RTTI.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've opened a case for this issue with BMW connected services. They checked all of the dates etc and said everything should be working, They wanted screenshots of the Map version numbers and the RTTI screen which I've sent.

The slightly worrying thing is they said it could take 1 to 6 WEEKS to resolve!

I have noticed that the map screens do update with the red coloured lines indicating traffic issues, so its getting some data, its just the detailed info in the RTTI screen that is unavailable which seems a bit weird.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My RTTI info came back on yesterday evening and today I've had an email from BMW connected drive saying they've fixed the issue. No idea if it was specific to my account or a more general problem but it's working fine again. They asked me to do an app update and iDrive reboot, which I've done now but it seems to have started working again before that anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts