Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a quote to get some minor kerbing sorted on both front wheels & I noticed they quoted for Replacement M Badges on the alloys and also a charge for replacing the TPMS. Is it necessary to replace the TPMS or is this just sales/marketing "fluff" just to make me part with more notes? Car is nearing 3yrs and about 20k miles.
I've had my last car's tyres changed and they didn't touch the tpms.
Cheers all馃憤

Super Moderator
Not necessary to replace them at this early stage; TPMS valves are good for 5-10 years minimum.

Danny

Registered
Is the charge for full new TPMS sensors, or merely a fitting kit? Once removed it is good practice to replace the seals and cores maybe so it is usual for there to be a small charge for this. As above, the batteries in the sensors can last for ages, I have some that are still fine after 7-8 years. BMW probably charge circa 拢50 for a single new sensor, so if they are only asking, say 拢10-20 total then it is probably not a scam.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the charge for full new TPMS sensors, or merely a fitting kit? Once removed it is good practice to replace the seals and cores maybe so it is usual for there to be a small charge for this. As above, the batteries in the sensors can last for ages, I have some that are still fine after 7-8 years. BMW probably charge circa 拢50 for a single new sensor, so if they are only asking, say 拢10-20 total then it is probably not a scam.
Cheers for mentioning that Padders. I've looked again at the quote and yes, it says "service kit". If that's what it is - the stem/seals etc, I have one brand new unopened in the garage so they can use that as well. Cheers.馃憤

1 - 5 of 5 Posts