Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Within towing limits, no vehicle should need uprated suspension. If the item being towed is properly balanced, the nose weight should be minimal, so equivalent to no more than a suitcase in the boot. If its not properly balanced, then its out of towing limits.

Unless you intend hauling max weight up steep hills in the Sahara, then equally the cooling system should be up to the job; most of the time its probably not working hard anyway. I had a factory fresh hire car with the fan not even plugged in, and it only started to overheat in traffic on the M25 (and thats after two weeks of driving all over). Towing shouldnt put any more strain on cooling than hooning around at speed (and you cant do both at the same time).

If you dont drive well, then the brakes are more likely to cook than the cooling system.

And no, i dont tow a caravan, just a boat :D

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
I guess it would be up to the weight limit as shown in the manual or data plate somewhere.

·
Registered
403 Posts
My advice is sell the caravan, take that wedge of Thousands upon Thousands of Pounds and simply book into a nice hotel. Save the fuel cost, save the time in getting there. Save the sanity of other people on the road. Save your dignity, marriage and yourself...

Instead of having to empty your own faeces out of a bucket you can have an actual flushing toilet on your holiday!
Have a decent shower in an on-suite or bath or hot tub rather than the damp piddle of a caravan shower. Have somebody else make the bed with clean bedding every single day and get fresh towels. Have Air-con, room service, swimming pools, gyms, concierge. Hotels are truly amazing :)

Even better you can get hotels in other countries and see the world.

Yes I've stopped in caravans, statistic homes and tents, which is a key reason why I work hard, so I don't have to do that again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.