Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I must have lost my marbles, but after only 10 months of ownership, I am looking at trading up my 20 plate 118d M Sport for a 20 plate M135i!

I test drove one before I bought the 118d and have mostly regretted it since.

Unfortunately it won鈥檛 be one with all the bells and whistles.

Am I doing the right thing 馃槵馃

Registered
In a word, yes 馃槀
They're great for B road fun and grip the corners exceptionally well. They overtake well due to the twin turbos and they actually get pretty good mpg as well if you're on a long motorway slog and you select Eco Pro Mode. Overall an excellent choice of car, just watch out for servicing costs 馃憣

Registered
In a word, yes 馃槀
They're great for B road fun and grip the corners exceptionally well. They overtake well due to the twin turbos and they actually get pretty good mpg as well if you're on a long motorway slog and you select Eco Pro Mode. Overall an excellent choice of car, just watch out for servicing costs 馃憣
Mine goes well with its single twin power turbo.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In a word, yes 馃槀
Servicing costs? I know my 118d is about to cost me 300 quid for 'just' an oil service. Is the M135i liable to cost me a lot more?

Registered
Servicing costs? I know my 118d is about to cost me 300 quid for 'just' an oil service. Is the M135i liable to cost me a lot more?
It'll be the same, still only a 2.0 petrol engine. Consumables like discs, pads and tyres will be a little more but not much.

Reactions: gavinl1967

Registered
Probably about right for main dealer. They wanted 拢400 off me for oil and brake fluid. Must just be me that's not used to their pricing at BMW as every other performance vehicle I've owned has been a fraction of the price

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Probably about right for main dealer. They wanted 拢400 off me for oil and brake fluid. Must just be me that's not used to their pricing at BMW as every other performance vehicle I've owned has been a fraction of the price
Yeah, its my local main dealer. I've had Audis in the past, but was still a bit shocked at the cost of an oil change. It must be about 拢200 in labour :rolleyes:

Registered
Servicing costs can be brought down if you get a servicing pack. I got a 5 year/ 100,000 km pack in the black Friday sale on connected drive for 拢600. In the current climate the car has hardly depreciated from what I paid for it so the biggest cost by far has been fuel, particularly if I drive the car as it was designed. 馃槈

Registered
Check out insurance costs ... for me 128ti = 拢260, M135 = 拢380
Also you say no bells and whistles but check the original cost remember if it's over 拢40,000 you'll "throw away" an extra 拢300/year.
Those are the main reasons I went for 128 rather than 135, add in a few other costs and it would be costing me an extra 拢500 per year and I thought is it really going to be THAT much better than a 128

Registered
Ok, I must have lost my marbles, but after only 10 months of ownership, I am looking at trading up my 20 plate 118d M Sport for a 20 plate M135i!

I test drove one before I bought the 118d and have mostly regretted it since.

Unfortunately it won鈥檛 be one with all the bells and whistles.

Am I doing the right thing 馃槵馃
I'd go for for the last of the m140i's,cheaper to buy,just as economical,look better,sound much better,and a beast in a straight line,and in my eyes just as much fun in the Twisties as long as you leave the stability controls on.i have had an m135i and an m140i now in a m135i f40,probably the car I enjoy least out of the 3.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Check out insurance costs ... for me 128ti = 拢260, M135 = 拢380
Also you say no bells and whistles but check the original cost remember if it's over 拢40,000 you'll "throw away" an extra 拢300/year.
Those are the main reasons I went for 128 rather than 135, add in a few other costs and it would be costing me an extra 拢500 per year and I thought is it really going to be THAT much better than a 128
I got an insurance quote today on gocompare, cheapest was with LV (who my current insurance is with) at 拢374. I鈥檓 perfectly happy with that. I then phoned LV to check and they quoted me 拢923!! I questioned that and told them the quote I鈥檇 had - with them - and they said they couldn鈥檛 match. Told me to cancel my current insurance and take out a new policy base on the quote. Mental 馃檮

Also, the guy 2 doors from me has a 128ti - we can鈥檛 have 2 on the street 馃槈

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd go for for the last of the m140i's,cheaper to buy,just as economical,look better,sound much better,and a beast in a straight line,and in my eyes just as much fun in the Twisties as long as you leave the stability controls on.i have had an m135i and an m140i now in a m135i f40,probably the car I enjoy least out of the 3.
I get what you are saying re the engines in the 135 & 140 However, I actually prefer the styling of the M135i. I鈥檝e also never owned an M car before, so nothing to compare it to. I鈥檒l just enjoy it for what it is. Cheers.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Been searching for an M135i for a few weeks now, needed to find one in budget and the spec I want.

Finally found what I think I鈥檓 looking for. Specification is storm grey, with both the pro and technology packs, although at 29300 the mileage is a bit high.

The car is about 180 miles from me (although franchise BMW dealer) and the salesman is sending me over a walk around video tomorrow. He is including 4 years servicing as part of the deal.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Cheers

Registered
Been searching for an M135i for a few weeks now, needed to find one in budget and the spec I want.

Finally found what I think I鈥檓 looking for. Specification is storm grey, with both the pro and technology packs, although at 29300 the mileage is a bit high.

The car is about 180 miles from me (although franchise BMW dealer) and the salesman is sending me over a walk around video tomorrow. He is including 4 years servicing as part of the deal.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Cheers
Given used car prices at the moment, that sounds a reasonable price dependent on the model year?

Mine is 3 years old this month, has Plus Pack, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack & Pan Roof and WBAC offered 拢28500 not so long ago (have no intention of selling, I was just nosey).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Given used car prices at the moment, that sounds a reasonable price dependent on the model year?

Mine is 3 years old this month, has Plus Pack, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack & Pan Roof and WBAC offered 拢28500 not so long ago (have no intention of selling, I was just nosey).
Thanks.

Although I appears I didn鈥檛 word my message very well. The cars mileage is 29300, the cars price is 拢31400!

out of interest, what mpg do you get from yours? I鈥檓 coming from a 118d and 25 years of driving diesels, so the drop in mpg is going to sting somewhat 馃槶

Registered
Thanks.

Although I appears I didn鈥檛 word my message very well. The cars mileage is 29300, the cars price is 拢31400!

out of interest, what mpg do you get from yours? I鈥檓 coming from a 118d and 25 years of driving diesels, so the drop in mpg is going to sting somewhat
MPG is very much dependent on the type of driving鈥

I live in the city, and do a lot of short journeys. This sees about 25mpg.

On a motorway run, can easily get mid-40s while keeping up with traffic (70-75ish).

I always run on Tesco Momentum 99, though the jury is out as to whether it makes any difference.

Reactions: gavinl1967
1 - 20 of 21 Posts