Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4,726 Posts
I've heard it happen with M135i's but not 118i's. Could be a dodgy ECU? Make sure you get a full rundown of the work carried out.

Or.... Could be the car spazzing out in disgust as you used a car handwash, giving the paint the brillo pad look? I would if I was your car :lol2:

Matt

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
roshambo said:
Or.... Could be the car spazzing out in disgust as you used a car handwash, giving the paint the brillo pad look? I would if I was your car :lol2:

Matt
Happy to listen to suggestions on this! Unfortunately I don't know any better and figured a human wash would be best. The only constraint is I don't have the space or know-how to do it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
416 Posts
roman said:
roshambo said:

Matt
Happy to listen to suggestions on this! Unfortunately I don't know any better and figured a human wash would be best. The only constraint is I don't have the space or know-how to do it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry to hear about the problems with your new car so early on into ownership. There's loads of info online on how to wash your car safely and it's actually very rewarding to stand back and see your pride and joy all shiny afterwards. The space problem may make things difficult for you though :/

At the hand car washes that pad they use to clean your car could have been kicked around the floor and cleaned countless other muddy cars before it's got to yours, and then it's just spreading all the grit and grime it's picked up over the course of the day all over your car. Not to mention the industrial pressure washers forcing water where it shouldn't be (not saying that this was the problem this time, I don't know, could have been?).

Take a look in the detailing section on here for advice, or check out detailingworld forum, endless info :)

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update... BMW have identified a faulty electric thermostat causing all of the issues and are having that replaced. (still confused as to how that could go wrong in 2 days, but they believe it was wrong from factory)

Getting the car back later today hopefully, missed it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.