Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... the engine bay!

This a thread to discuss all things related to the maintenance (cleaning-wise, not servicing!) of the engine bay.

How do you clean it?
What do you clean?
What products do you use?
The do's and dont's

Or do you not give a crap about what's hidden under that large sheet of metal at the front of you car ?!

Discuss away :D

(lol, yes, I'm fishing for advice here peoples!)

·
Registered
65 Posts
While I am not particularily bothered about cleaning under the bonnet at this stage, I would say don't use a pressure cleaner.

If you need to get rid of oily deposits at some stage, I found that Gunk & Jizer always worked well, though I haven't used them for some time. The newest product that I have used on my last car was Autoglym engine & machine cleaner which worked well, it's also good for cleaning the chain & sprockets on my bike.

There is a review here:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow! I might make a bit more effort to keep the engine bay clean on my car when it comes! The problem is, I've been so used to having a little two seater clean I don't think I'll have the time or energy to keep a 5 door clean AND the engine bay too :oops:

ps. I like the finger prints on the "dirty" pic :lol: It makes it look more authentic. All it needs really is the "I wish my wife was this dirty" slogan!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.