Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got the car it was already pretty much perfect with the Birds B1 pack and Quaife diff along with underbody rear brace and front upper but the only thing that slightly let it down for me was the busy ride as if it never a 100% settled but that could just be me so I looked around and decided to go up to Motech to have there Eibach Stance fitted and its so good , it just smoothed everything out for me plus the ride height is hardly noticeable plus it's sharpened up the turn in and along with the new Pilot Sport 5's id say its perfect for me , the Birds Shocks are amazing and just soak the road up and for most the B1 pack would be great but maybe I'm just extra sensitive to movement, anyway along with the Bootmod3 and Royal steering wheel I'm in 140i Heaven lol.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
This highlights the beauty of the F20 and F30. Aftermarket support is extensive, making it cheap and easy to mod the car to your liking.

One way of sharpening the throttle is to drive in manual and steer with the throttle. Steering feels noticeably more responsive when driving above 3k rpm.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This highlights the beauty of the F20 and F30. Aftermarket support is extensive, making it cheap and easy to mod the car to your liking.

One way of sharpening the throttle is to drive in manual and steer with the throttle. Steering feels noticeably more responsive when driving above 3k rpm.
Exactly that and ill give it ago , thanks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I’m considering doing the same once I have my new wheels fitted.
Already have the B1 kit with a diff and other bits and bobs I just think Motech stance springs will top it off with the look I want & if you’re saying it’s riding better afterwards then that’s a massive bonus.

My only concern is rubbing on the front, I’ve gone 245 upfront on 18” Bola wheels with ET40 & have the M3 lca’s which I’ve read will occasionally rub even with the birds springs.. I’ll have to see do some digging into what can be done.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m considering doing the same once I have my new wheels fitted.
Already have the B1 kit with a diff and other bits and bobs I just think Motech stance springs will top it off with the look I want & if you’re saying it’s riding better afterwards then that’s a massive bonus.

My only concern is rubbing on the front, I’ve gone 245 upfront on 18” Bola wheels with ET40 & have the M3 lca’s which I’ve read will occasionally rub even with the birds springs.. I’ll have to see do some digging into what can be done.
Not a 100% about that one , did you get any extra cabin noise after the birds b1 and diff install.....?

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to add I did try the rear yellow powerflex bushes from Williams peformance but for me I felt they never soaked up the potholes and felt a bit crashy compared to before so had them removed, I have thought would they have been better with my original Birds Springs which where very compliant and not my Motech Stance which are slightly firmer and something I might try down the road.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just to add I did try the rear yellow powerflex bushes from Williams peformance but for me I felt they never soaked up the potholes and felt a bit crashy compared to before so had them removed, I have thought would they have been better with my original Birds Springs which where very compliant and not my Motech Stance which are slightly firmer and something I might try down the road.
Insert bushes or entire bushes?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts