Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 1er for just over a year and cannot fault the service from the dealership.

The old dealership was a bit small and parking was a problem but the new purpose built facilities are excellent.

The salesperson was Claire Huggins, can't fault the purchase process as it was trouble free.

Claire is now on the service desk, and again I have had no problems with the service.

Problems with the car are as follows
1) Sticking door handles - When I book it in for the 1st service they will change all 4 handles under warranty.

THAT'S IT!

Had an issue with a bad dose of fuel, they checked it out for me free of charge and cleaned the car!

I have bought a few items for my 1er from the parts department and again, can't fault the service. I liaise with the parts department by e mail, this saves time going to and from the dealer. My contact is Darren O'Neil who is very helpful.

Charlie Giles from the body shop is also helpful if you have any questions about paintwork.

If you add the fact that all the staff are very polite, always make sure that you are not kept waiting and ensure that you have a cup of coffee in your hand then I would have no hesitation in recommending the dealership based on my experiences.
:D
Tony

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought my 120d SE from Sytner Solihull.

Generally very friendly and helpful.

I had problems trading my old car in as someone went into the back of it just a few days before I collected the new one.
The dealer wouldn't take the old car until it had been repaired, but that would have lost me the deal I was getting.

I ended up buying the car without trade-in and the dealer bought my old car off me for less than originally offered when I finally got it back from repair.
The dealer did however throw in some extras in compensation.

The salesman was Ian Reddi who went out of his way to try and get me the best deal he could.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just spoken to Sytner Solihull for a quote on having driveaway locking activated and having a KDS tracking re-alignment on my wheels as i'm having a lot of uneven wear on my front tyres.

They have quoted me £50 for the driveaway locking and £250 incl VAT to do the KDS. I have also had a quote from Robert Stern Worcestershire for exactly the same and they came out at £37 for the driveaway locking and a much more reasonable £174 incl VAT for the KDS.

I checked with both dealers that the quotes included exactly the same amount of maintenance, which they did!

How can Solihull justify £75 difference for the KDS. I know they are very friendly and quite helpful on the phone but isn't this what should be expected from EVERY BMW dealer? After all it is our money paying for those shiney new showrooms.

I have been a 1 series owner now for nearly 12 months, i'm on my second 1 series already due to an exchange given by Rydale Sutton for my first 1er which was riddled with problems, now my second car has been back twice for a problem with my auto wipers stopping completely in torrential rain, and now it has to go back again as the door handles keep sticking.

Overall my experience with owning a BMW 1 Series and dealing with various BMW dealerships has proved dissapointing so far..
:x

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have to say I have experienced the good and bad side of Sytner (nee Prophets). When it used to be located on the Stratford Road (going back to pre Sytner) although the parking was rubbish, they couldn't do enough for you, very friendly.

Since being take over by the big bad Sytner bandwagon I have had mixed results, which also coincided with me taking delivery of my 1er! (used to have a Mini Cooper). Staff don't seem to be that bothered any more, and do just the minimum rather than going that extra mile. Went in for some body work few weeks back and they TWICE failed to meet the agreed finish time with little in the way of apology.

Saying that, they do have a huge stock to choose from, and the quality of work performed is very good.

May try Robert Stern next time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 120d went in for drive away locking activation earlier this week. Was told it would take 40 mins. 80 mins later and I have to go up to the service desk to enquire what the hell is taking them so long. No real explanation.

On the other hand, they were able to fit me with a new set of run flats for only £105 each (incl fitting) which I thought was very good value for a mainstream dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.