Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BabyBMW Founder (Retired)
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Christmas coming up, people may be beginning to look at purschasing pressies

Don't forget that you can support babybmw by using the Amazon link at the bottom of each page to order through

Other methods of suppporting are of course:
- Voluntary PayPal donations: - Checking out the Ads appearing at the top

·
Registered
7,631 Posts
colin, how much do you get for "link throughs"? Im just asking... Id like to know it was worthwhile doing it this way....Id be happy knowing you were getting something for it.

·
BabyBMW Founder (Retired)
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mrash said:
colin, how much do you get for "link throughs"? Im just asking... Id like to know it was worthwhile doing it this way....Id be happy knowing you were getting something for it.
It all depends on the advert that is being clicked on. The person "at the other end" decides how much each click is worth...it can vary from as little as 1p/1c per click up to much more.
Although I can see a report of how many clicks occur, I can't break it down any further.
One thing that Google don't like is "click fraud"...whereby people go mad and continously click the ads to generate money. If that happens frequently, they then ban you :cry:

What I can say is that the average cost for my hosting company is about £9 per month - that gets me 20GB of bandwidth. I get charged an extra £1/GB over that.
Currently the site is generating about 30GB/month, so on average, I am paying about £19/month.
If you factor in what I would charge myself per hour for my efforts...we're talking millions!!!!

One point to bear in mind is the size of the database I am allowed...100Mb.
Currently we are just under 70Mb big, hence the reason I sometimes do a spring clean :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.